#WQWWC.....October 20 Theme: Resilient or Fortitude

It's another week of  Writer's Quotes Wednesday, hosted by Marsha from Always Write. If you're interested in joining, you can find more about #WQWWC here.

This weeks theme is resilience and fortitude. I had to look up their definitions to see if there was a difference between the two.

Resilient = a person able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions

Fortitude = a strength of mind that enables a person to encounter danger or bear pain or adversity with courage. Strength in the face of adversity or difficulty.

So, while they have different definitions, I feel like they can go hand in hand. On our Wednesday Hodgepodge questions, one of them was "are you resilient?". I think I am. I believe that when it comes to these two words, we cannot "compare" stories, because we are all so different. I feel like I am probably more resilient than someone who has strong fortitude. But it also might depend on the situation I'm in at the moment. 

My girls, exhibited these attributes on the soccer field. My hubby and I were resilient in recovering from a tough life change 7years ago. 

This quote really gave me some food for thought. I love how it says "the dawn will start to appear". Sometimes when all we see is the obstacle or danger, we cannot see the light, or the way out, it's dark, hopeless, confusing."
YES!!! So good. I feel like this is so true of our world today...sometimes all we focus on is the suffering, the bad, the negative, often because that's what we're shown. BUT there is so much overcoming of suffering, so much joy, so much life and wonder to behold. 
I truly believe this. We get to choose how we will respond to everything that happens to us. You have can a family that goes through adversity, and each one will respond or react to that adversity in their own way, through their own lens. Every choice throughout our journey, sets the stage for the next step and possibly how we respond to future adversity.

I want to be a tree that bends, that is flexible with the wind. We are due to have a hard wind storm tomorrow and I know we will experience some downed trees because they just cannot handle the pressures of the wind. 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. These are lovely quotes, Kirstin. I particularly like, "It's your reaction to adversity not the adversity itself that determines how your life's story will develop." Our pastor preached a series on handling adversity towards the beginning of summer. It's been a great help for me as I've gone through these accidents. I love the first one. "Know that you are exactly where God wants you to be." That seems pretty weird when we are facing a life-threatening situation, but if our purpose in life is to bring Him glory - He works best in overcoming adversity. I don't usually get this "preachy" in a comment, but having been there this summer, it's been helpful.

    I also appreciated your comment about not being able to compare situations. I think we try to do that, and, like you said, we can't because they are different. My owie is not bigger or smaller than your owie kind of thing. I'm glad you found resilience in your difficult situation seven years ago because it gives you fortitude to face future obstacles in life.

    Loved your post, Kirstin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marsha. It does seem odd when we say that but I believe that He takes everything we go through and uses it if we allow Him to. He isn't the author of our adversity, but He's in the adversity with us and will use it. Sometimes I look at people's situations and wonder how I would handle them, would I handle it as well as they have. Such great food for thought.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts