Tuesday 4.....October Thoughts
Tuesday 4 is a weekly link party now hosted by Anne from Cottage by the Sea. I just found it last week, and think I will begin joining each week.
1. What are your feelings about the month of October? I love October, but I do not love the rain that comes with it here in the Pacific Northwest. Does it bring anything special to mind for you? My favorite thing about this month is working at my son in laws parents Pumpkin Patch. It is beautiful and so fun interacting with all the people that come through. I'm either pricing pumpkins for people (we do it by size not weight) or taking their money. It's also my anniversary month and this year we will have been married 29 years. Do you have memories to share? I don't know if I have a specific memory to share, I just love the month. Every year I love seeing the colors change on the tree on our hill. Oh, I will share this...for our honeymoon we vacationed in Central Oregon, Sunriver to be exact. We love it there. Well a few weeks ago we took a family vacation and realized we were a few streets over from the street where we stayed on our honeymoon. So I rode my bike over and took a photo. It was 2 days before our anniversary.
2. Have you ever gone apple picking? I think I've maybe been apple picking once. Most apple farms are on the East side of the state and that's just too far. Pumpkin picking? Definitely pumpkin picking! Especially with the Patch I work at and family owns. Any kind of picking, including banjo picking at all? Never picked a banjo! Do you bake pies with those fruits? I love apple pie but not pumpkin pie. But I love other things pumpkin.
3. What is autumn like where you live? I live in the southwest region of Washington State...it is wet in autumn, but the trees and leaves are stunning when mixed with the green of the evergreen trees. How about when you were a child? Most of my childhood was spent on the northwest region of the state so it was the same. Before that we lived in Ohio and I really don't remember what it was like.
4. Autumn is not the same as Fall. Fall is the time when the leaves are actively falling. Wait! What? I always thought that they were just interchangeable names for each other. You learn something new everyday. What activities of Autumn/Fall do you enjoy? Besides working the pumpkin patch? I love baking and cooking cozy food, if it's dry it's fun to take a walk, or have a bonfire. Cozy up and read (though it's hard to find time to do that). I'm sure when I read other peoples posts I'll have more ideas. Do you decorate your door or home for the season? I usually love to decorate my house and porch but we are in the middle of an addition to our home and honestly I don't want to deal with finding decor, and getting it out. My porch is off limits because there is wood on it, and concrete will be poured in the next few weeks so it will get dusty and dirty.
Kirstin






Those are some lovely decorations even if you didn't want to decorate! Your autumn sounds lovely, especially with working at the pumpkin patch! That sounds like a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteThose were from last year. I should've said that. Lol. Hoping to get around to visit everyone tonight or tomorrow. I love the pumpkin patch. So pretty
DeleteI think working in a pumpkin patch would be fun! I enjoyed the pictures you shared too!
ReplyDeleteI love it so much.
Delete