Tuesday 4.......Blogging questions
Tuesday 4 is a weekly link party hosted by Anne from Cottage by the Sea. I just found it last week, and think I will begin joining each week.
This weeks questions are around blogging. And I think I messed up because I could've sworn I saw different questions. So I'll leave these but then answer the others as well.
1. Tell us about your blog! For instance, when did you start blogging?
I started blogging November of 2007! Wow that was 14 years ago. As I looked back I was blogging so much at the time. You'll find a hodgepodge of information. It was never meant to have a particular "niche", like entertaining, etc. It was meant to be a creative outlet, so share life, recipes, join in linky parties, etc. It involved a lot of stuff with my girls because we homeschooled, we were building a house, I was a stay at home mom. As they grew and then I had to go back to work, it became more sporadic and hard to figure out where it fit, what do I even blog about. It became hit and miss. I've recently started getting back into it again, and joining several link parties, to keep me motivated. I'd love to begin some type of series, maybe post more in specific posts about our recent add on to our home (right now I've been updating on the Weekend Coffee Share I'm a part of. I think it will become more of an online journal of sorts. A place to share thoughts, ideas, photos, maybe recipes. We will see where it takes me.
2. What prompted you to begin blogging? Honestly I can't remember what prompted me to start. I must have come across some blogs while searching for something on the internet and decided that sounded fun. My reason for starting the blog wasn't because I had high aspirations of making money doing it (though now I wish I had), I didn't even know that was a thing, but I think I started it as a way to chronicle our life, keep family who lived far away informed (I think only a few actually ever read anything), and as a creative outlet. I found some great people to follow and the rest is history. For quite awhile I followed other homeschoolers, and those who shared recipes. Now I actually do Virtual Assisting for a few bloggers, managing their social media pages, but don't really have time to keep up my own social media page.
3. What was your first blog about and why did you choose that subject/title? I've only had one blog, this one, and I chose the name because it highlighted us "Loving Life". How I want to approach life. Even in the hard stuff, the boring, mundane things, in all of it, I can always choose to "love life and love the life we live".
4. How has your blog changed over time, and has it done for you what you hoped it would do? I suppose it changed in the sense that it went from sharing daily life with busy girls, to more of a journal of thoughts, sharing recipes, tips for traveling, etc. I guess in many ways it has stayed the same, a hodgepodge of posts that chronicle my life as I live it. Has it done for me what I hoped? If I strictly look at it as a sort of online journal, then yes. As a way to find new blogs to follow and hopefully some online friends, then yes as well. What does it hold in the future? Probably much of the same.
Questions I noticed this morning that seemed different from when I looked Sunday...lol
1. How often do you blog? Because I've joined several linky parties, etc, I blog at least 4 times a week, maybe a bit more. What helps you blog...what hinders you? Right now, joining those helps me stay consistent, though I want to blog about some other things. What hinders me is time, and sometimes ideas for what to blog about outside of linky parties.
2. What benefits do you get from blogging? Definitely not monetary, but for sure creative outlet and virtually and occasionally IRL meeting new friends.
3. Have you ever changed your blog theme? I've changed the "look" of it but not the general theme as far as what it's about.
4. Where do you get your ideas for blog posts? Usually if it's not a linky party, I get ideas from thoughts that pop in my head, a project or craft I've worked on, a recipe I've made.
Kirstin


When I read your first answers I thought I had posted the wrong thing. (Which would not be a first for me BTW)
ReplyDeleteI love you sign off "with joy unquenchable"
Lol....well, somehow I saw those questions somewhere...lol. maybe an old set of questions. So funny. Thank you...a friend of mine used to say that and I loved it. I want to live life with Unquenchable joy.
DeleteYou are correct...the first questions actually were a repeat of an earlier Tuesday 4 that we did recently, so Anne changed the questions a little bit to make it not be a total repeat but still in the same theme. So no, you didn't mess up. And great, now we get to know all about your blogging history and get better acquainted. I'm so glad you joined "the party" each week! It helps us to connect with others and share ideas and also encourage one another in our blogging pursuits. We are all here for the same reason, I believe...to connect with others with similar interests and open up our own little world to the bigger world out there where there are many wonderful people very much like us!! Welcome!! And God Bless!!
ReplyDeleteYes, it seems that so many are blogging for connection, and I love that! I've discovered so many interesting people and learned so much from every one of them.
DeleteThis is a fun link up that I did not know about! It is fun that you have been blogging for so long. I have been blogging for a long time but not as long as you!
ReplyDeleteIt is a fun link up. I'm glad I found it.
DeleteI enjoyed your answers and learning more about your blogging history.
ReplyDeleteThank you Cathy
DeleteEnjoyed reading your answers. I wonder where those other questions came from?
ReplyDeleteThank you. I guess they were from an older set of questions, and then Anne changed them up a bit. lol.
DeleteI enjoyed reading your answers. I have enjoyed blogging and meeting new friends from around the world. Thanks for sharing your talents.
ReplyDeleteThank you Lisa for visiting. I love meeting new people.
DeleteBlogging has a different meaning for each person but I think over all we all share the creative love for it. Thanks so much for joining in!
ReplyDeleteI agree....the creativity and meeting new people.
DeleteThanks for visiting my Tuesday 4 today! Nice to meet you!!
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you too
DeleteI am not sure if I have ever done a linkie party. This is why I need to blog more. I don;t even know what is going on...hahahaha Loved your answers! Have a great week.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Haha..I know how you feel. Thank you and thanks for visiting. You have a great week too.
Delete