1. Do you (or did you used to) watch talk shows? Wow...well, I suppose I have watched more than I remember, but I don't watch a lot of TV and now work most days when talk shows are on. Which are or were your favorite? However, I have watched; Oprah, Kelly and Regis (throughout the years and host changes), Ellen, Jimmy Fallon always cracks me up but I can't stay up to watch those.
2. Would you describe yourself as resilient? Yes, I would say I'm resilient. If so what do you think makes you that way? I'm not entirely sure. But maybe because my personality is even keel, things can roll off me easily. Maybe also because things weren't always perfect growing up that I learned to push through hard times. If you answered no explain why?
3. What parts of life have surprised you the most? Explain. Hmmm...I'm going to say when we ended up leaving the church we had been in and leaders in since we were married and my hubby had been a part of since it started. That was really hard, unexpected and heartbreaking. That was in 2014. Healing comes, and we move on. Sadness still comes sometimes, but we don't live in the past.
4. Why do you live where you live? We moved to Washington state when I was in 4th grade. I've lived here ever since. I'm 52 now. So I suppose I live here because it's where I've always lived, where my husband grew up. We wanted to be close to family and the church we were a part of. I also LOVE the scenery. I love being close to the ocean, mountains and dry areas. I feel like it's perfect. Our girls live here and grandkids. There are other areas I think it might be fun to live in, but I honestly don't think we'll move. We've often said that if we moved, we'd love to move to Central Oregon.
5. A memory from this week that made you smile? Gosh, I'm not sure. I mean, I've definitely smiled, but I'm not sure I have a specific memory that made me smile. Seeing photos and videos of my grandkids always makes me smile.
6. Insert your own random thought here: I've been working at my son in laws family pumpkin patch on the weekends, so life is busy right now, but it's good because I really, really do love helping at it, interacting with all the people coming through. Some drive hours because they love coming here. I'm still working my regular work hours so it is kind of a crazy time, but it's only a few more weeks.
Kirstin



What a fabulous photo!! I've enjoyed the answers to why people live where they live. We loved our trip a few years ago to Oregon. Our whole family is in the eastern half of the US so we'll always be East Coasters. I like to visit the other side of the country though!
ReplyDeleteThe majority of my extended family, minus an aunt, is on the east coast. My parents moved out to the west coast years ago to salvage their marriage.
DeleteLove that beautiful fall photo!!! You really do have all the beauty there in one place.
ReplyDeleteThank you. It was taken at one of our local lakes.
Delete