Weekend Coffee Share.....Come Sit with Me


It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? 

If we were having coffee we'd probably talk about: 

The weather: Tuesday morning as I stepped outside to go to work, I felt like there was a shift in the weather. It was cool and crisp. Not cold, but a different coolness than we'd been experiencing. As I type this on Wednesday morning, it was cold when I woke up. Fall is definitely around the corner. Though I know for those I follow in NZ and Australia, you are coming into summer. Fall in the PNW means beautiful leaves, crisp mornings, maybe a warmer afternoon. We'll see about rain. We haven't had it in a long time. 

What we're thinking about: Oh man! I feel like my thoughts are all jumbled this week. We had a nice trip with friends to Central Oregon, but I didn't sleep good at all so came home feeling tired. This week went by in a blur. I need to sit down this weekend and organize my thoughts when it comes to things that need to be done, make sure I'm on top of bills that need to be paid that I'm responsible for. So, I'm not sure I could have an intelligent conversation about my thoughts. Though at some point they always venture back to how we have been treating those who think differently than we do on a myriad of subjects, so maybe we'd talk about that.

What we're thankful for: Friendships. Like I said we had a nice time away with friends. We stayed in separate homes but got together in the afternoons to go bike riding or play games, then eat dinner and visit until we went back to our homes in the later evening. While I've often joked that super tight, best friend, friendships have eluded me, and that it's a good thing I like my own company, I'm thankful for the friendships I (we) have individually and as a couple, even if we aren't able to get together often. I'm thankful for the people I've met via blogging and social media, the friends and family I've reconnected with over social media and while sometimes social media drives me nuts, I probably won't get rid of it. 

What we're reading: I've been reading a few books on Kindle but haven't really been thrilled with the writing so may quit them. I have my new Shelf-righteous book box coming Saturday, can't wait to start that one, and we should be deciding this weekend on our next local book club book. So right now I'm reading a few kindle ones. Just started one of Jo Tracey's books "Wish You were Here". Much better than the other one I was reading. 

Around the house: The guys who will install our granite counters came out and made a template. The tile work is still going on in the bathroom. I'm loving it. My daughter joked that I was going to need a stool someday to get into my bathtub...lol. She might be right. Next week the drywall guy is coming to repair drywall in our current kitchen and then we will paint that and the current hallway. Those will be the same color as the main part of the other house. Mid to late September flooring will go in. We still have so much to do, trim work, finalize fixtures, etc. BUT it's coming along. 

On the outside of the house, my hanging baskets are looking rather sad so I'm going to take the geraniums out and plant them in another container and hopefully get a bit more life out of them. Also, at the end of October we should be having our concrete porches poured. 

What we're learning, realizing or understanding: Honestly I don't feel like I have a lot to offer in this area this week. Like I said, this week has felt off kilter so I feel like I was just getting through the days. I did realize at work, how needy some people are. This struck my co-workers both as funny and as a bit irritating because we don't have all the time in the world, we aren't peoples personal secretaries, but at the same time we do like helping out as much as we can. Some people just haven't taken the time to figure out the latest technology, or they don't come prepared. We are patient and kind but oh some times we are tested. We also realize that people are going through so much these days and they just need an extra hand or understanding. My hubby said to me the other day that he's so glad I'm the way I am and how lucky he is....haha. He was saying this because he works with many women or he observes other women and I am so easy going, I don't get shaken too easily, I'm not high maintenance, overly emotional, etc. Lol. I guess he did get lucky.   

From Our kitchens: I'm going to try a new recipe next week, Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup.  A co-worker made it and I tried it. It was so good. I also plan to make some chocolate chip cookies for one of my hubby's co-workers. However I need to buy some more chocolate chips. I did a grocery order, and the person who chose my groceries, substituted bittersweet chocolate for semi-sweet. Not sure what I'd use those for. Have you ever used bittersweet chocolate?

Favorite quote of the week: This week on our Writer's Quote Wednesday, the theme was work/career. I loved this one quote I found. Make that living, but make a life, make memories, have fun. 


What we've listened to: I listened to a few podcasts...The Women Living Well after 50, Cabincast, What Should I Read Next, and then some of the favorite people I follow on IG, who always have great things on their stories to listen to. I have a podcast I hope to read tomorrow if hubby and I go on our long walk. I always end up walking by myself because I'm so much slower.

Favorite photo of the week:

My first pumpkin drink of the season. My daughter is in the black mask. An iced Pumpkin White Mocha with Pumpkin Cold Foam....might be my new fall fave. I normally do Pumpkin Spice Chai.
These two cuties were at my house all day Wednesday. Indy looks ready for school. He said "Nonni, do you like my back pack, it has dinosaurs on it, as did his cool sweatshirt.

Pepper, below, is crawling and into EVERYTHING. Gotta keep an eye on this one. 



Randomness: I'm going to start watching my grandkids on Wednesdays. In October I'll start watching them at their house. I'm looking forward to it. Wednesdays are my one day off so I'm working on re-thinking my weeks so I get things done that I might normally do on those days off. Mostly online work. 


Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I remember that late summer/early fall shift in the PNW. Always bittersweet for me, because it was beautiful, but I knew the rainy season was coming, and those dark, wet days were hard on my sunny California soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. We have had a very dry summer so we could use the rain, but I'm not a rainy weather fan. I tolerate it because it keeps things beautiful and green

      Delete
  2. Your grandkids are adorable. I love your Dolly Parton quote. I read every post in my weekly Weekend Coffee Share link-up and write comments to most participating bloggers. I hope you have a great Labour Day long weekend and a great week ahead. Thank you for linking up with #weekendcoffeeshare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie. They are a lot of fun. Hope your long weekend has been good too. I like to visit as many as possible because I hate leaving people out...lol

      Delete
  3. Lots happening here - and thanks for the shout-out. I mostly use what you call bittersweet choc chips - they're sold here as 70% cocoa. It does, though, depend on what you're making. Wishing you a productive week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah. I may keep them because my hubby doesn't like sweet so he might actually like them and I read that some people mix them with semi-sweet to cut the sweetness. I don't know.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful post - your grandchildren are so precious. I hope your thoughts slow and organize soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kirstin, I don't know, I think I'm ready for summer to be done with. I'm that husband who always lets in the cold early morning air and if not careful end up freezing out my wife who doesn't mind at all when the later afternoon temps pass the mid 80s. For us, we try to balance out discomfort with either high or low temps. If you saw my coffee share, you know I have a good reason to be in a bit of a funk but I'm determined not to stay there.
    Our day is going to be hot again after several of cooler days, so I may just curl up in lawn chair beneath one of our giant redwood trees.
    It's likely a good thing we don't have cute grandkiddos like yours running about. I would be distracted. . .
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gary. I'm hoping to get around to everyone's posts sometimes today. I am ready for fall. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely joyful post! I like to see people count their blessings, and I really liked that quote by Dolly Parton. Here I'm ready for autumn because we've had some lovely weather this summer, and we also got another week of summer weather in late August, and two days this week! That recharged my batteries and I'm sort of looking forward to autumn with the change of colours outside, crisp autumn air, and foggy mornings. I also try to get around to everyone's Coffee share posts, but lately I haven't had the energy or focus to read and comment on many.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts