Wednesday Hodgepodge....Bring on Fall!
1. It's fall y'all! Officially that is and in the northern hemisphere only, so if you're visiting from down under happy spring!
Does it feel like fall where you live? It's starting to feel like fall. The mornings and evenings are getting colder but the days are still a bit warm. One morning a week or so ago, I went outside and I could "feel" a shift in the weather.
Does it look like fall aka are the leaves beginning to change? The leaves aren't quite changing colors yet, but they are falling. I think in the next week we'll start seeing a color change. Once you leave our private road you have to go down a hill. I love our hill. Fall is my favorite time, and every week I take a new picture to see how the leaves turn. Winter is pretty too (though not fun to drive up or down). I'll share a few photos.
What is your favorite fall color? Oh....boy. I think I really love orange and gold/yellow when it comes to decor. I love starting to pull out plaid.
Scent? Hmm..I don't burn a lot of candles anymore, but I always love the candle scents that smell like something is baking in the oven.
Flavor? Well, not to be cliche, but I do love pumpkin spice in my coffee, chai teas, and pumpkin scones. I also LOVE apple pie.
2. What's something you're not? I'm not high maintenance! Lol.
3. Share a favorite quote related to fall and tell us why it's a favorite. Forever a fan of Anne of Green Gables, I love this quote by her...
September is fine, but October? October is the icing on the cake. I couldn't imagine leaves not turning, pumpkins not filling fields, fog not hovering. There's just something about it.
4. Besides Thanksgiving, what's your favorite fall meal? I love a good bowl of soup...chicken and dumplings, chili....LOVE soup!
5. Share a favorite photo you took last fall?
6. Insert your own random thought here. My son in laws family runs a pumpkin patch in our small town. It has grown in popularity and people often come from a few hours away to visit. I've worked at it for quite a few years and I just love it. I usually only work the weekends because I work my other job (that is owned by his aunt) during the week. I'll miss the first two weeks of October because we'll be on vacation but the rest of the time I'll be there. Last year we weren't sure what would happen with Covid, but we were able to open, minus the hay ride, but it still was a huge success.