Wednesday Hodgepodge.....An Apple a day...it's almost fall
1. As we begin this brand new month tell us, on a scale of 1-10, where does your life fall in terms of being in 'apple pie order'? Please elaborate. (1=nowhere near it, 10=practically perfect in every way) I'm going to say 7....Things are going great, but there are definitely some hiccups. Losing my dad last month and navigating things tenderly with family members, a few things with our new home project but also in the current part of the house, and last night we noticed our water wasn't very hot so something may be up with our hot water heater....good grief. But all in all. One thing this made me think of (I had to look up the meaning of the phrase), I'm looking forward to having my new kitchen and finding ways to keep it really organized. Exciting.
2. An apple a day keeps the doctor away...are you doing your part? Red or green? Sweet or tart? Ever played the game Apples to Apples? Do you like apple pie? If so, ala mode or just gimme the pie? Well, I don't eat an apple a day, but I do lots of things to keep the doctor away, exercise, sleep, supplements, eating the best we can. I love red just to eat, I love green in salads or pies. Mostly sweet, but tart with peanut butter or cheese is good. Yes, we've played apples to apples. So fun! Yes, I like apple pie, with just a tiny bit of ice cream or whipped cream.
3. Tell us about a time recently where you 'upset the apple cart' or the last time someone 'upset your apple cart'? Hmmm....I'm not really sure. Can we say Covid and mandates and everything else has upset my apple cart....lol. I think I'll plead the 5th because I'll probably put my foot in my mouth.
4. What are three words that come to mind when you think of September? Leaves, chilly, cozy
5. What are you most looking forward to this month? Honestly, I don't really know. My girls are grown so we're not looking forward to school. We have no trips planned, so maybe what I'm looking forward to is a more chill month here at home, though our home itself with projects seems a bit crazy.
6. Insert your own random thought here. One of my co-workers and I were talking yesterday about how it seems like people have just been needing to vent, and they seem to feel comfortable venting to us. Maybe they do this at all work places, but we notice it. It's never toward us, but usually how their day has gone or what they're facing. All I know is I hope when they leave, they feel a little bit lighter.




I so wish we could eliminate politics from the Covid talk. I feel like we're expecting a zero covid society and I don't see that happening. Like the flu I think we will have this with us and need to figure out how to live life around it. We belong to a group that has an event this week and they sent out a notice saying if you're not vaccinated please stay home. Ugh. We are vaccinated, but I am not on board with this type of 'order'. It's a group people have paid to join, not a business so it all feels dicey to me. Good luck with your home projects! Hope you have a nice week.
ReplyDeleteI know, it's so tough.Definitely an Uggghh!!! Thanks for visiting
DeleteHi Kirstin,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your thoughts over on my blog regarding the US Postal Office. My grandma was a rural carrier for 40 years.. I loved going with her. My uncle took her route over.
I think your are right on.. so much is dumped on the workers... it is making it hard for them to do the job in the same time frame as they use too.
We are in the middle of some home projects too. And a kitchen re do is in the works.
Have a great week!!
Carla