#WQWWC.....August 11th Theme......Oceans, lakes, water

It's another week of  Writer's Quotes Wednesday, hosted by Marsha from Always Write. If you're interested in joining, you can find more about #WQWWC here. 







This weeks theme is Water: Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Streams.....water. I LOVE water, however I don't enjoy swimming. Being near water, hearing it, wading in it, is soothing, healing, mesmerizing. Attempting to swim or the threat of falling into deep water is enough to cause a bit of anxiety. I was just telling my husband the other day that the one thing I wish our property had was a creek, or stream. We happened to be up on the San Juan Islands and on a hike, walking along a babbling stream. All was quiet except our foot steps and the sound of the stream and waterfalls that we encountered along the way. 

Growing up we lived with a creek across the street and a river down the road. We spent a lot of time in those two places. My mother in law loves the ocean and would live in a house right on the beach if she could and she'd be so happy! I don't think I could live at the beach, but I love that I live where I have easy access to all bodies of water. 

Here are some great quotes I found and some favorite photos:

View from the ferry ride from Anacortes, Wa to Orcas Island in the San Juans. I will have to share a post just on that trip at some point.





I grew up with this waterfall practically in my backyard. Now a big tourist attraction, Snoqualmie Falls has always been stunning in every season. Just search the name on FB and you'll see it in all it's glory.



My grandson in a kayak on one of our local lakes with some of his favorite "big boy friends". He loves the water too!

"There's magic in the water that draws all men away from the land, that leads them over hills, down creeks and streams and rivers to the sea." Herman Melville

I am blessed to live so close to the Pacific Ocean. To think that so many people will never see the ocean and I can see it whenever I feel like taking a day trip. It never gets old.

My first time on a SUP on the Columbia River in Hood River Oregon. Hood River is known for its kite and wind surfing and it is so fascinating to watch. Being on this board was so peaceful and relaxing.
A large pond on Kelley's Island Ohio. Such a peaceful place! 



My dad was an avid fisherman and loved going down to the river to fish. This was probably 1970's, maybe early 80's.

One of the many waterfalls on our recent trip to Orcas Island. It was fun meandering around the area, walking along the banks of the stream. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Great photos, waterfalls are wonderful, I think have never seen one that I didn't admire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and images. I particularly loved the waterfall quote, it gives such a positive outlook on life. Thank you so much for sharing. KL <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts