Weekend Coffee Share....Come Sit with Me

Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare

If we were having coffee we'd catch up on life...we'd take turns talking about....


The Weather: Here, the temps dropped again this week. It's been a weird summer. We even had a morning with some rain which was nice. I love summer, but I might just be ready for fall to arrive. How about you? 

What we're thinking about: I'm thinking about a trip we're taking next weekend to Central Oregon, to our favorite destination spot, Sunriver. We have friends who will be vacationing there and they invited us to come down for the weekend. It's been 4 years since we've been. Wow! Doesn't seem that long. Then we'll go again the first week of October with family. 

What we're thankful for: I am thankful that we have come to a place in our life where we eat healthier, listen to our bodies, know what supplements to take, exercise and work at eliminating as many toxins as possible and found doctors who work at prevention before sickness/disease happen. This wouldn't have been the case several years ago. I'm thankful because all of these things have worked to keep us healthy over the years. I love that there are so many forms of medicine, from natural to emergency. 

What we're reading: I finished a Prequel to a series by Kelly Utt called Hideaway Isle series. The title of the Prequel was.........Now I'm on to book one called The Sisters of Kestrel Cay. So far fairly interesting. We should be getting ready to choose a new book for our local book club. I can't wait to see what the choices are. 

I also finished "Baby, It's You" by Jo Tracy....it was great, though I wanted to punch a few people more than once. Ha! Isn't that what books should do? Draw you into the storyline and the characters. 

Are you reading any new books?

Around the house: Painting is mostly done except one accent wall. Sinks are purchased. We have to purchase faucets for everything. Tile is being installed in the bathroom. I think cabinets are being delivered next week. 

In the current part of the house, the kitchen and hall flooring will be taken out next week, so before they do that I have to box up everything on my open pantry shelves, take everything off counters otherwise it will get dusty. Refrigerator, stove and dishwasher will go out on our front porch. It will be crazy for awhile. 

Tile in shower. There will be a band at the top of these tiles, and then it will finish with more of these above the band. 


What I'm learning, realizing, or understanding: I had a conversation with a co-worker (there are 4 of us who work in our store) about some things she had been learning from her life coach and it was so fascinating and eye opening to me. I have come to love really listening to other peoples stories, and journeys. Years ago I was SO black and white that I didn't leave room to learn from anyone who thought differently than I did, and I sure didn't have a plan to change the way I thought in any significant way. Now I welcome learning, reading, listening to a variety of people and perspectives. It doesn't mean I'll change my mind, but it's opened my mind a bit more. 

From the Kitchen: Boy, I've sure felt lazy in the kitchen. I know, it's not laziness, it's chaos, and heat, and just not feeling like it. It'll pass. I'm looking forward to more soups in the crockpot come cooler weather. Next week I do plan to make some enchiladas to take with us on our trip. I'll make homemade pizza while we're gone as well. I might make some banana bread this weekend. It sounded good to me earlier this week but I never had a chance to make it. On Tuesday of this last week I picked up 2 dozen tamales from a local hispanic woman who makes and sells them. They were so good. I had hoped to have more leftovers, but they didn't last very long. 

Favorite quote of the week: I actually just read one that I've read often and still like... "you can't have a positive life with a negative mind". Sometimes our thoughts can be so toxic to ourselves, don't you agree? If we're not careful, we can just go down a rabbit hole. Especially right now, it seems we have to work a bit harder to stay positive, to stay loving, to even stay kind, when we feel like it's being tested on every side. 

What I've listened to:  Not a whole lot, boy, I need to get a life...lol. I am at the moment listening to an episode of "The Cabincast" on Apple Podcast. Based in Wisconsin it's so fascinating. I'm trying not to listen to all the negativity out there. I'm wanting to really ground myself more and listen to things that will teach me, uplift me, etc. 

What have you been listening to that has filled you up, encouraged you etc.? 

I have listened to The Women Living Well after 50 by one of our Coffee Share contributors Sue, but I've been slacking on listening to any podcasts so I'm behind. They're so good though. I need to listen more. 

Randomness: My grandson is potty training and doing pretty good at it. Granddaughter is crawling and all up in her brothers business. There's probably more, but I can't think of anything at the moment. 

Photo(s) from the week:

I bought this wind chime after my dad passed away. One for me and one for my sister. We haven't had much wind, so I haven't really heard it. 

Hubby and I bought these dinosaur cards for our grandson when we were on our trip. He loves them. 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for the shout-out! I love Sue's podcasts too - she has such interesting guests. Something you said also resonated with me - how when you're younger your judgement can be more black and white and less nuanced. I so agree. As you gain experience it really becomes more grey - dare I say 50 shades of? (But obviously not in THAT way lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! very true...we just realize that "we don't have all the answers". Lol.

      Delete
  2. I hope you have a great week and a wonderful trip to Sunriver. Thank you for your #weekendcoffeeshare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week! So excited to see your remodeling come together.. It will be so nice when it's done and you can enjoy some fall baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I look forward to fall baking and eventually getting into the new part of the house. I'd love for it to be by Christmas.

      Delete
  4. Hi Kirstin - loved the photo of your grandson with the dinosaur cards - my son was a huge dinosaur enthusiast back in the day. We only have granddaughters so I'm not sure if they'll get into the same areas of interest (although Lego is proving to be a winner and their dad loved Lego too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yah, I only had daughters and they weren't into dinosaurs. It's fun having a boy to enjoy boy things with. We've actually babysat several little boys and they prepared me for grandson life...lol

      Delete
  5. I really enjoy Jo Tracey's books too! I hope you have a fabulous trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the coffee agree with ' I am thankful that we have come to a place in our life where we eat healthier, listen to our bodies' I'm trying to do this more and more. Love seeing the progress on your house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your remodel looks exhausting Kirstin. Life in temporary chaos - right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...yes. exhausting....I'm in the process of moving things out of the kitchen and so now my living room looks like a war zone. I like that "temporary chaos".

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts