Wednesday HodgePodge......We are Family!
It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond. Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.
2. A book, song, tv show, or movie you love that is centered around family. Oh boy...Sound of Music, LOVE Father of the Bride, and love the song "We are Family".
3. Family matters, family ties, family tree, family man, family fortune, black sheep of the family, family values, one big happy family...choose a "family phrase" that applies to your life currently and explain. Oooo this is a little hard to choose from. I think the first three really apply to my thought processes over the last few. years. I recently lost my dad and my mom passed away 17 years ago so it's a weird thing right now to not have parents. I don't have a close relationship with my sister and that just makes me realize so much more how much family matters, and working on relationships but also allowing them to be what they are. Family ties and family tree...the last few years I've been fascinated about family history and traditions, my own but also others and other cultures.
4. Last thing you fixed for a big family dinner? If you're not the cook, last thing you were served at a big family dinner. Last big family dinner we had was for Fathers Day and we made charceuterie boards and homemade strawberry shortcake. When we have large family gatherings my MIL likes to do most of the cooking, but I always make Clam chowder on Christmas eve and cinnamon rolls on Christmas Morning.
5. What are three words. you use to describe your family. Hmmm...we are all so different, but if I was to describe us as a whole I'd say: Hard Working, wise, fun.
6. Insert your own random thoughts here. Our temps are rising again this week...the next three days will be in the 100's which for our area is not very common. On top of that, we've been without AC for going on 3 weeks due to a water leak and have had a "blower" in our kitchen blowing hot air into the wall to dry it out thus increasing the temperature in the house. So glad I have a "go with the flow" (for the most part) personality. Hopefully the AC will be fixed today. We may however need to replace the flooring. Right now my kitchen is a disaster.
Kirstin



It's a scorcher here today and really humid, but a little thunderstorm just rolled through and made things a little more bearable. I love a good charcuterie board! Hope you are having a good week!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting Joyce. I love a good thunderstorm! I love a good charcuterie board too...In fact I may plan one for this weekend.
DeleteOh no. So sorry your air conditioning is caput! Hoping it is up and running for you soon! We are heading back to the 100's later this week, too. I love charcuterie boards but have a hard time spelling it. LOL! Happy Hodgepodge to you.
ReplyDeleteThankfully the tech came out today and got the AC going. yay. I know there are certain words, for the life of me, I can never spell correctly, and I'm a great speller.
DeleteSeems like most of the country is super hot! We are usually near 100, but clouds have kept it in the 90's but humid which is not normal for us! I also love the song "We Are Family" I sure hope you get your AC and floor problems taken care of.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting Susan. I think our temp was a bit lower today because it was hazy (I think from smoke) but still upper 90's and too hot for me. We did get our AC back up yesterday
DeleteI certainly hope you air conditioner is fixed now. I can't imagine being without it in that kind of heat. Yummy Cinnamon Rolls!!
ReplyDeleteYES, our AC was fixed yesterday.
DeleteMy daughter and I are pretty loud. Can't remember if my mom was. Father of the Bride is a great movie choice. ((Hugs)) on your answer to #3. Your clam chowder and cinnamon rolls sound yummy. Hope your air got fixed.
ReplyDeleteTHank you Debby. AC was fixed yesterday. We love the clam chowder and cinnamon rolls. So yummy
Delete