Wednesday Hodgepodge...Life's a Roller Coaster




It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. Monday, August 16th was National Roller Coaster Day. Are you a fan? Did you celebrate? Last place/time you rode a roller coaster? Nope, nope, NOPE, not a fan of roller coasters. I am afraid of heights. I would have to seriously be bribed to go on one. I think the last one I went on was space mountain at Disney World quite a few years ago. Probably because it was dark so I couldn't see. Lol.

2. Tell us about a time in your life where it felt like you were figuratively riding a roller coaster. I'm going to say right now...my dad passed away almost a month ago, unexpectedly, but not necessarily a surprise as he hadn't been doing well, so facing all the emotions that go with that....we are in the final stretch of finishing an addition on our home, we had a water leak in the current kitchen so now have demo going on in there and we've had a few car repairs. So life's a bit crazy, but it's all good and we just go with the flow. 

3. Favorite treat to eat at an amusement park or state fair? All time favorite treat would be a Caramel Apple with nuts. I do like elephant ears or other "fair food", but I just love Caramel Apples at the fair. Our local fair has had a milkshake booth that is amazing.  

4. Are you easy to get along with? Elaborate. I like to think I am. Though I'm not great at making decisions. I have a chill personality and can go with the flow fairly easily and am almost always up for anything or to try anything. I'm not always the greatest at spontaneity but I'm working on it. I'm low maintenance and don't have high expectations....lol, (I say that in a positive way). 

5. Something on your calendar to see-do-read-accomplish or just enjoy before month's end? Well, hubby and I are heading to Central Oregon next week for a long weekend. We have friends who are taking a trip there and invited us to join them. That's probably the main thing by the end of the month. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.  Just yesterday I was thinking about how much, so many, have let the media and government, politics, personal beliefs, determine how they will view their relationships with those around them. I've seen so much hatred and negativity and I think "wow....we've chosen to let all these other things influence how we feel about people we've known for years and years, who maybe we've grown up with, who we know at deeper levels". People that, in the past, we've been okay disagreeing with, or we know their hearts, we know where they're coming from and yet we decide to judge them. Ugghh. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I love all the coasters at Disney but I can't ride Space Mountain anymore, my legs get cramped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been quite a few years so I don't even remember it now.

      Delete
  2. Entirely agree with your #6. It happened to us - with family of all people. Nothing even changed but they decided we could not longer associate. My parents taught me when I was little that a lot of people are going to think and do things differently than you and that's ok; that's the fun part of life. But these days, it's cause for cutting people out. It makes me so sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so so sad. It can be so draining. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts