Wednesday Hodgepodge.....Back to School Edition

It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.


1. Is school back in session where you live? Is everyone in person or does your system still offer a virtual option? Are kids wearing masks? School is not back in session yet here in Washington. I think they'll start next week. I believe the plan is that they are all in school, however I know many will be homeschooling. The masks are going to be required but there is a lot of push back. I'm glad my kids aren't school age, of course, I homeschooled, so would have continued doing so. 

2. Something you still do 'old school'? Oh man....Hmm...I honestly am not sure. I was keeping a paper calendar and planner for awhile, but found one on the computer I really like. I still do like to make lists on paper. I still love paper magazines, and many books. 

3. One lesson you've learned in the 'school of life'?  You can't worry about pleasing everyone....there's always going to be someone who isn't happy with a choice you've made or for whatever reason, just doesn't care for you...I know, hard to believe...lol. We create the life we want to create and we can be proud of that. I'm a people pleaser and that has always been hard. Also, it's okay to say no, don't take yourself or life too seriously.

4. When you were in school did you pack a lunch or buy a lunch? Your favorite thing to see on the lunch menu or inside your lunchbox back in the day? I think when I was in grade school my mom packed us lunches, though I do remember eating lunch at school now and then and my favorite thing was these peanut butter and chocolate bars. I think in high school I brought lunch but now and then bought lunch. I don't remember what was in my lunches. Usually PB & J.
 
5. August is National Family Fun Month. Tell me something fun you’ve done this month. My hubby and I went on a weekend getaway a few weeks ago and actually we are getting away again this weekend. We haven't done much as a family this month, though we had a family lunch last Sunday at my in-laws with our kids and my nephew and his fiancee, So that was fun. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. Life's been crazy with trying to finish up an addition to our home and then because of a water leak, our current kitchen is now a bit out of commission as we tear up the floors. Ultimately it will be great because we'll get new floors, BUT timing wasn't that great. 

Everything that was in my open pantry and on my counters along with drawers from two cabinets that had to be removed are not all in my living room. 
My stove and fridge are outside. 
Current state. Guys are coming today and the rest of this week to tear out remaining floor. We will have to replace some drywall as well. 

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. The cabinets are so pretty. Sounds like a big project!

    Yes I prefer paper books and magazines as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is....a big project, in the midst of another big project.

      Delete
  2. Wow. So sorry for your leak. Hope everything gets repaired nicely. I love to hold a book in my hands. Happy Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully my hubby works for a restoration company so they are dealing with much of it.

      Delete
  3. Sorry about your kitchen. That is frustrating, but you'll enjoy it eventually. I love pb & j now but was not a fan as a kid. I'm so over the whole masking thing. Feels like we're moving backwards instead of forward. My daughter is teaching wearing a mask, and her students are masked too. That's in PA. At least they are in school in person and I'm grateful for that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts