Taking in Life Around Me.....#SundayStills....Theme: In the Garden

This challenge is hosted by Terrie from Second Wind LeisureI've also been loving visiting the blogs of the other participants and being inspired by their interpretations of the theme.

This week Natalie from Natalie the Explorer is hosting. She'll actually be hosting for the next few weeks while Terri takes a break. The theme for this week is in the garden.

I haven't had a garden, in any form for many years. I guess that's not entirely true, for the last few years I've done container gardening during the summers, however, this summer my containers did terrible.We've been so focused on getting our house finished that we haven't done anything with landscaping, and I'm not sure when that will happen.

However, I have thought ahead and when my hubby and I were on Orcas Island a few weeks ago, I took quite a few photos of beautiful flower gardens wherever we went. I've been trying to think ahead to the challenges so I'm not just relying on old photos. Part of my reason for joining challenges was to challenge myself to get my camera out more. That's been easier said than done. 

Dahlias are probably my favorite flower because of the variety.

The San Juan Sculpture Garden was such a neat place to visit
Flower in my MIL's front yard. I think it's a type of lily.
One thing I love about gardens is the butterflies, dragonflies and other creatures that visit them. This little guy visited the flowers by our airbnb frequently.

On our trip to Orcas Island, there were a few spots that had beautiful beds of flowers in front of their businesses. I always love those pink ones though I can't remember what they're called. They were a favorite of my moms and remind me of her. 
Hollyhocks are always a pretty addition.
This pretty garden was in the front yard of a small church. So pretty. 



We visited the San Juan Sculpture Park and there were several beautiful beds there. I thought I taken more photos but I guess not. 
The deck of our air bnb had several pots of late summer flowers. 
These purple flowers were at a house that my daughter was house sitting at. I thought they were so pretty. I think it's a type of hellebore. 
In Switzerland these gardens (above) are everywhere. More like community garden plots. So cool. And they were very well maintained. 
Loved this cottage garden outside a little village we stopped at. 
In both Italy and Switzerland, lots of flowers in the windows. 
Another view of the cottage garden. 

These photos were of the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens we visited in March. So pretty! 


Lily of the Valley always remind me of my grandma! 

These last two (above and below) are my MIL's yard. She loves her geraniums (she's Swiss). Many of these she overwintered. 

I hope to someday have my own flower beds and veggie garden again. We'll see. 

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Kirstin, You did great planning and thinking ahead for this Sunday Stills photo challenge. I love the variety of flowers you shared and I haven't seen the black and white butterfly in my area. Thank you for linking up with #SundayStills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Natalie. I love gardens, and flowers...wish I had more in my yard.

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely variety of flowers and gardens Kirstin! Thanks for brightening my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful flowers and gardens! I especially love the cottage gardens. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. My husband likes things more orderly, I like cottage/country gardens...a little bit of a hodge podge.

      Delete
  4. Wow. Nature goes colour texture and shape so well. Loved seeing so many varieties of blooms too.

    Denyse #sundaystills

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always in awe of those that a)can grow lots of flowers and b)those who remember owner names. I hardly could name a one that you had pictures of! I loved those gardens plots throughout Europe and have quite a few photos of them as well. And of course they also maintain the cemeteries with beautiful flowers as well.
    Don't give up hope on your own garden as everything always takes time. Take care. Bernie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts