Taking in Life Around Me.....#Sunday Stills...Theme: Country Roads


This challenge is hosted by Terrie from Second Wind LeisureHere is where to find her current post. I've also been loving visiting the blogs of the other participants and being inspired by their interpretations of the theme.

This was hard to choose from because I really love music and my "favorite song lyrics" can change from day to day or week to week. HOWEVER, there are a few specific lyrics that I've just always loved. So I'll go with those two. 

"Country roads,
 take me home, to the place, 
I belong
West Virginia, Mt. Mama
take me home, country roads" 
John Denver

I don't live in West Virginia but I do LOVE me some country roads. Especially the ones that lead to my house. 


Dirt road down on the farm! 
Fence on our walk...It just screamed country to me. Even though it's in an area of upscale houses.

Almost to my house...my drive is straight ahead.



The second one, I heard in HS and it is just always a favorite. 

The wind may not blow, might not even snow, 
but there's nothing like Christmas,
right here at home.
It may not be white, might be a rainy night
But there's nothing like sharing 
The sounds and the sights of...
Christmas in the northwest
Is a gift that we can share....
Brenda White

It's so true....Christmas in the northwest is unpredictable. There are winters it doesn't snow....AT. ALL. Where I live at least. But when it does...wow, it's gorgeous. And when it doesn't snow (which is often...I can't remember the last time Christmas was white), I love the "season and spirit" of Christmas. There's just something so nostalgic about it. I couldn't actually find any photos that didn't have snow because, well, I just didn't. 




This one was a December...I think 2015...we had a wind storm and heavy rain and several trees fell over the road on our hill. My FIL and I and another gal cut them and tossed them over the side. 



With Joy Unquenchable,

Kirstin

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful lyrics for your inspiration today, Kirstin! I love any John Denver song and am right there with you on those beautiful country roads. You are so right on about Christmas at home. Lovely images of snow and other northwest winter fun! We are spending our first Christmas at home this year in our new home and I can't wait to decorate. We have traveled for Christmas holidays every years since 2009 to be with our families and 2021 we stay put! Always great to have you along for Sunday Stills! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a lovely post sharing lyrics and photos. That John Denver song always makes me sing along too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. I know....me too. Of course I'm often known to bust out in song spontaneously.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts