Taking in Life Around Me....... #Sundaystills.......theme: Summer bugs


This challenge is hosted by Terrie from Second Wind LeisureHere is where to find her current post. I've also been loving visiting the blogs of the other participants and being inspired by their interpretations of the theme.

Well, this weeks theme is Summer Bugs.....ummmmm....I don't like bugs. I guess I should say my "bug like" list is small. Are butterflies bugs? Probably not huh? Well, either way, I don't have many pictures of bugs, nor does the PNW have "cool looking" bugs like lightning bugs. We do have our share of ladybugs, praying mantis, grasshoppers, dragonflies and an occasional cricket, though I rarely see them. Late spring and early fall we have the dreaded box elder beetles and stink bugs. Our property doesn't have a lot of plants and flowers at the moment that welcome bugs. I've been preoccupied and haven't taken any photos the last few weeks. I may try and wander out before posting this to see if I can find some. 

I'm sure this bull would've preferred to be fly free. He lived next door to an elderly lady I worked for, along with a few other cows and bulls. They would always check me out when I was outside working and they loved when I mowed the lawn and gave them fresh cut grass. 



I headed outside Saturday (31st) and found some bees happily buzzing around my Oregano that had went to flower. 

This was a few years ago outside a restaurant we stopped to eat at. They had a small kitchen garden outside the main kitchen door.

Did we decide if a butterfly is a bug? Well, it doesn't matter, I love them. I seriously need to get a butterfly bush for my yard. 

That's all I got folks. Can't wait to see what everyone else found. 




With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Yes, butterflies are insects! Six legs. Beautiful captures of the bees and butterflies. Bees were on my list of unlikable bugs years ago, when I was still allergic to their stings. I'm desensitized now, but I keep a respectful distance. Looks like something got a hold of your butterfly's left tail there! He's a survivor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like bugs in the sense that they're beneficial, but don't invade my space...lol. My sister was horribly allergic to bees and hornets after she got stung by a bunch of them when we were little. I never noticed that about the butterfly tail. The lady I used to work for. years ago had a butterfly bush and it was always filled with butterflies.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts