#WQWWC......July 28th Theme: Exciting

It's another week of  Writer's Quotes Wednesday, hosted by Marsha from Always Write. If you're interested in joining, you can find more about #WQWWC here. 

This week's theme is "Exciting". To be honest, it has not been an exciting week. My sister and I lost our dad last Thursday so I have been navigating that journey of emotions, and all that comes with it. It wasn't a surprise necessarily in that his health has been poor and I was wondering if something was going on, but it was unexpected in the timing. 

However, I also believe that in the midst of whatever circumstances we are going through, life continues, and we must continue. I don't believe that those who pass away and leave us would want us to fall into a pit and stay there. I think they would want us to keep living, to feel the emotions as they come, but to also allow ourselves to feel joy, excitement, happiness, etc. So as I navigate that journey, I also feel excitement for:

* Seeing my grandkids after they've been gone at youth camp with their mom and dad.
* Hearing how youth camp went. My youngest is also a youth leader there.
* A trip next week to the San Juan Islands my hubby and I have had planned for awhile.
* Finally getting back to Sunriver, Oregon for a mini trip in August and a week trip in October. 
* Planning a trip to see family next summer in Ohio.
* Finally finishing our house that has been a work in progress for too many years. 

Along with bigger excitements such as above, I want to remain excited for little things, like trying a new recipe, taking my camera out to take photos, reading a new book or finally finishing an old one. Seeing a mama deer and her baby walk in front of my window. Seeing a butterfly or the hummingbirds that frequent my feeder. Getting together with a friend for coffee. Receiving a letter or package in the mail. 




 

"It's exciting to think that some of the best moments of our lives haven't even happened yet"

 

"Fear is excitement without breath." Robert Heller



 "Stop worrying about what can go wrong, and get excited about what can go right"


I love all these quotes. They are all so true. I don't know about you, but quotes, song lyrics, really speak to me. I've noticed in the last week so many timely memes popping up that I just needed to read the quotes that were in them. 

I don't ever want to lose my ability to become excited about the biggest of things and the smallest of things. I remember being in Texas in March, and being so excited when I saw and heard a cardinal. I felt like a kid. I made sure to memorize its song so that I could look for it if I heard the song before seeing the bird. I want to create an atmosphere of excitement and wonder in my grandchildren. I absolutely love how excited my 3 year old grandson gets when he sees us, or when you talk about something that he loves. It's so awesome. 

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry about your father, Kirstin. That is such a hard time. Your attitude is always astounding. Do be afraid to give yourself space to mourn and relax. You are a very balanced person, but death, though it comes instantly to the person who dies, creates a long process of recovery for the living. God bless you and keep you and make his face shine upon you and give you peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Marsha. I've been allowing myself space to feel all the feels when I need to.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts