Weekend Coffee Share.....Come Sit with Me



It's time for another weekend coffee share and if we were having coffee I'd tell you I almost didn't post because I wasn't sure I'd get around to it. I'm trying to be consistent though so I am getting it done. I hope you sit and enjoy a cup of coffee, tea or whatever sounds good to you. Let's catch up. 

The Weather: I'm loving the weather lately. I think my happy place is when it's in the mid 70's and that's what it's been. Although we really could use some rain. We haven't had any fires near us, but there is one right now in Central Oregon and we're heading there for a long weekend in about a month. 

What I'm thinking about: Thinking about my grandsons birthday party tomorrow here at our house and what I need to do to get ready for it. Also because it's been a busy week, I'm trying to keep in the forefront of my mind what I need to get done as far as bills, etc. I'm thinking that I like working 4 days a week and not 5. I love having that day off in the middle of the week. I think it helps recharge me. I don't work full time, but when I work outside the home, have online work, then just normal household responsibilities, it ends up being full time. I know many can relate, and to be honest, I don't know how working moms do it. Phew. 

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for my job and co-workers that I enjoy, customers that make our day. I'm thankful for a roof over my head, a husband who has been great with our finances, daughters who love life and love others, grandbabies who make me smile. Extended family who fill my heart with love and joy. 

What I'm reading or have read: Same things. I just ordered a book called This Morning I Held a Rose. It's a book of short poems. Originally published by Hallmark in 1977, my grandma showed it to me in 2019 when I went to visit. I loved the first thing I read and after she passed, I asked about it but no one could find it...I've been looking online and finally found one to purchase. It should be here tomorrow. My hubby also has a book he got for work that I think sounds interesting. It's called Thanks! How practicing gratitude can make you Happier. I think I want to read that as well. 


Around the house: Would you believe I have more samples to look at....insert "loopy" face. We have decided for sure on the granite and flooring (well for the most part...the one we really want is expensive so not sure if we'll have to change). I think we pretty much have the tile decided but hubby had brought more samples home to just confirm a few things. Drywall should be done in the next couple days. We meet with a gal who's helping us next week to finalize tile, backsplashes and paint colors. 


My containers that I've planted with veggies aren't doing well. I think I'm going to give up and buy flowers for them. My tomatoes are doing good, my one zucchini plant is doing well and maybe my snap peas will do okay. My blueberries are providing a large harvest. I need to get out and pick some. It's been a couple days and I need to stay on top of it. 

What I'm learning, realizing or understanding: That sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, some people are just going to find something wrong. I discovered this week, that a family member either intentionally or maybe unintentionally unfriended me. I tend to lean towards intentionally but I don't know and honestly I probably won't ask because it could open up a can of worms. I love this person, but it's always walking on eggshells, it's always "hmmm...what did I do now to make them mad at me", it's assumptions and accusations, and negativity, and I just don't need it. I have unfollowed people, but it would take something pretty heavy to unfriend people. 

I'm also continuing to learn how to love others where they are. To try and see what their story is. I encounter so many people at work and I just want to share kindness, love, hope with them. People just want to be heard, to be understood. I don't know how many times we've gotten teary eyed with a customer who just lost a loved one or is going through a difficult time. How many times we can laugh and joke with them. LOVE. IT. 

From the Kitchen: I haven't done much in the kitchen this week. It's been a busy week and I literally have made one dinner and we've drawn it out to last all week. Lol. Next week might get back to normal. I have a few recipes I want to try that looked good. Several people I follow on IG and even blogs, have been making things from Half Baked Harvest, who I follow, but I've yet to make any of her dishes. Maybe I should do that next week. 

Favorite quote from the week: I've had so much happening this week that I didn't get to participate in the Writes Quote Wednesday hosted by Marsha, which was a bummer because I enjoy this but I just couldn't make it happen. BUT, I did find a quote that I loved if I were to do a post on the topic which was exploration.

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"...Jennifer Lee

That just jumped out at me. 

What I listened to: Other than my spotify playlist, not much. My hubby had an audio book we were both listening to awhile back that was so good (we'd listen to it in the car. I'm sure he's finished it but I never did. It was called "The Three Signs of a Miserable Job" I was just thinking this morning that I'd like to finish it. It was one of those leadership books that he was listening to for work but the principles were so good and it just made me go "well, what happened next". The man narrating had a great voice too, which always helps right? 

Random happenings: I've kept saying it was a long week. My boss (who also works 4 days a week at my workplace), and one other co-worker have been gone this week. That left me and the other co-worker to work the entire week. She normally works 1 1/2 days and does pick up days when we are sick or take time off and I work 4. So it has been a long week in the sense of working more than usual and boy do I enjoy that middle of the week day off to do online work, run errands, etc. We have had fun. Our owner joked and said "don't party too much, or send pictures"...so we've literally made it a fun week. We have both been wearing tiaras all week and we keep adding decorations to the building. We'll leave them up for when she comes back. Everyone who has come in either looks at us strange or thinks it's awesome. 
My co-worker and I in our tiaras surrounded by a ton of packages..Monday was NUTS. 

I tried a Lavender Bliss coffee this week. It was a lavender white mocha with salted caramel cold foam. It was really good. 


Birthday party this weekend, a cousin lunch at my in-laws Sunday and a potluck at another friends house Sunday. Hopefully in between it all I can do some grocery shopping and get some online work done. 

Photo of the week: 
Someone was pretty excited about turning 3

My youngest daughter took some pics of the littles last week. So cute. I need to go through her photos to pick some to print.

She is such a little chunk. So much fun!


Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Mid 70's is definitely my happy place as well. We've been blessed with those temperatures most of the summer, but this week it was pushing 90F, much warmer than usual. It looks like it's going to be 75-85F the next ten days, I can live with that :) Have a lovely weekend! Thank you for the coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Maria. I haven't even looked ahead at temps next week...lol

      Delete
  2. Three is a great age. What cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, those last few photos are just so precious! We're hoping to pick out some flooring options this weekend... while I love working on household projects I do think it's so easy to get overwhelmed with choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne. They are super cute for sure. Yes, it is easy to get overwhelmed. I just want it done. Good luck picking your stuff out

      Delete
  4. Hi Kirstin - a really fun post - loved that you made the extra long work week fun by wearing the tiaras, and your grandkids are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Leanne. It's nice to have co-workers who help make things fun. I adore those little ones so much. I've been loving your posts.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a fun weekend ahead! Adorable pics! And the Lavender Bliss sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable grandkids! Happy birthday to your grandson and wishing you and your family a fantastic weekend. Thank you for linking with #weekendcoffeeshare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Natalie. We had a great party today though I'm pooped.

      Delete
  7. So much joy here. I'm with you on how long the week felt. I've (officially) dropped back to 3 days a week in the day job and a so busy I have no idea how I worked 5 days when Sarah was at school. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I got to stay home with my girls thankfully but do not know how working moms of young ones do it.

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday to your grandson! SO cute!! It sounds like a wonderful week. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your grandson! Hope he had a great party. The Lavender Bliss coffee sounds delicious. I've never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Astrid. He had a really fun time.

      Delete
  10. Kirstin I can related about trying to understand others motives & behaviours. I am continually at a loss how some people seem to sail through life trampling on others feelings. Your grandchildren are certainly adorable & let's hope for a wonderful day for the birthday party. You & your co-worker rock at making work fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. We had a great birthday party!

      Delete
  11. I could see how your job would be both a moment by moment treat followed by hours of rush and speed bumps of people you know who are normally cheerful and suddenly they're sharing a painful loss only to have a variation of the cycle start afresh with the next customer who walks in.

    Do you ever get home and just feel like your emotions have been on a marathon run all day?

    Great stuff Kirstin. I'm glad you found time to post it.
    Now, go grab something you like to drink and put your feet up for a while and decompress.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are definitely days I get home and just look forward to going up to my room an hour before bed to read in quiet...lol...and I'm a very social talkative person but have discovered that I need my quiet time and space.

      Delete
  12. This was so fun! I want to try that lavender bliss coffee.
    The photos of your grandkids .. make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla. The coffee is definitely worth trying. My grandkiddos make me smile all the time.

      Delete
  13. Great post! This really resonated with me "That sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, some people are just going to find something wrong." I have a co-worker like that...makes it very wearisome. But I also moved to a 4 day week and love my Wednesdays off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts