Taking in Life Around Me.....#SundayStills....Color Theme: Evergreen....AND #WQWWC.....Exploration



This challenge is hosted by Terrie from Second Wind LeisureHere is where to find her current post. I've also been loving visiting the blogs of the other participants and being inspired by their interpretations of the theme.


This weeks theme is Evergreen. I happen to live in the "Evergreen State" of Washington. I love it. I love the variety. Sometimes I forget that evergreen refers to any plant that keeps its leaves through multiple seasons. I almost didn't post this week because things were busy last week...but I'll do a quick one...and combine with Marsha's Writer's Quote Wednesday with the theme exploration at the end of this post. 


I love how in the fall the colorful leaves stand out amongst the green of the pines and fir trees. 







It's another week of  Writer's Quotes Wednesday, hosted by Marsha from Always Write. If you're interested in joining, you can find more about #WQWWC here. 

Last weeks theme was exploration....I wasn't going to post but then decided to combine it with Terri's #sundaystills. I love exploring, whether it's out in nature or through a thrift store. There is much to be found. Yesterday was my grandsons birthday party and we were out chasing T-Rex, as usual. I want to create an atmosphere of wonder in him, a love for exploring and finding things. I looked under a tree and found a rock and we pretended it was a T-Rex tooth. 


The majority of the photos above were taken while out exploring, except the last one which is snow covering our evergreens in our backyard. 

"If we were meant to stay in one place we'd have roots instead of feet" Rachel Wolchin

"Exploration is curiosity put into action" Don Walsh

"Until you cross the bridge of your insecurities, you can't begin to explore your possibilities". Tim Fargo

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire" Jennifer Lee

We can explore nature, we can explore new hobbies, new skills, new foods, new ventures. Everything is ours to explore if we will step out and try. This has gotten me thinking...what can I explore? Maybe a new concept, maybe a new store. I know we will be exploring a new spot for a long weekend trip in August and I'm so excited. 

We've always encouraged our girls to explore, to seek adventure, to try new things. I want to do the same with my grandchildren, and stretch myself more. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Now how did I forget that WA is the evergreen state, Kirstin?? Thanks for that reminder, and for your truly splendid photos. That first one is quintessential close-up, but they are all amazing! Made my day! Perfect quotes, too! Hope you are out exploring! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Terri....That first one was taken a few years ago, I had been really trying to capture water drops.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you decided to combine the two, Kirstin! I felt that your entire post on evergreens was an exploration, my friend. Indeed, for us it was. I love the found "tooth," though. It fit right in with those gigantic evergreens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your photos Kirstin, and that first one is just delightful! Well done for combining a few challenges too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts