#WQWWC.....June 2 Theme: Writers Choice....Friendship



It's another week of  Writer's Quotes Wednesday, hosted by Marsha from Always Write. If you're interested in joining, you can find more about #WQWWC here. 

This weeks theme is Writers Choice. Originally I think it was friendship (I copy and paste it into my calendar). I thought, "hmmm I should see if it has been changed". It had, but I think I'll still keep it at friendship. 

There are some awesome quotes out there on friendship. Are you a collector of quotes? I love saving quotes; on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, in notebooks. Probably not as much as some people, but I love them, I find them timely for certain moments, encouraging, uplifting, good for a laugh. So when I looked for some quotes on friendship I found a few cute ones, and a few more "contemplative" ones. There were a few I was trying to find and just couldn't. 

Several years ago I did a simple blog series called "The Power of...", and one of the posts was "The Power of Friendship."

Friendship for me has taken many twists and turns over the years, as I'm sure have many of yours. I've learned to let go of hurts and the losses of the ones that may never be restored. I've learned to let go of expectations and, not in a bad way, take what I can get and treasure them where they are. I've learned it's okay to have boundaries with some people. I've learned that while I'm actually perfectly content with many casual friends, I miss having those close "bosom" friends or "kindred spirits" as Anne of Green Gables would say. Maybe they would've been found in my HS friends who are dear to me but live hours or states away. Somehow certain types of friendships have eluded me. I'm always willing to evaluate how I "do" friendships, if there's something I need to adjust. I admit to getting so caught up with the daily humdrum of life that I don't stop to text people, invite them out, etc. It's always a two way street. 

Here are my favorite quotes. 


" In the cookies of life, friends are the chocolate chips"



"Friendships come and go like waves of the ocean, but the true ones stay like an octopus on your face"


We were made for connections. We weren't meant to live lonely and isolated. While social media can drive me nuts, I LOVE that it has given me connections with friends who I don't get to see in person. I love connections I've made with other bloggers. 

I'm keeping it simple this week...I have a lot going on but don't want to miss out on posting. You can read the post I linked above, it says it all. 

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Kirsten, this is lovely. I've written, but never published a book called Because of Blogging and if I ever finish it, this post belongs on the first page! Friendships are one of the main the reasons we blog. We find them, keep them and they become permanent treasures in our minds and hearts even if we never meet. I think I'm going to have to add friendship back into the topic line-up. As you have explained, "We weren't meant to live lonely and isolated." Blogging keeps us connected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true marsha! I have gotten to meet 3 bloggers that became friends. You just find some beautiful common ground. It totally keeps us connected. I love it for that reason.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts