Taking in Life Around Me......#Sundaystills........Theme: The Great Outdoors



 This challenge is hosted by Terrie from Second Wind LeisureHere is where to find her current post. I've also been loving visiting the blogs of the other participants and being inspired by their interpretations of the theme.

This weeks theme is "The Great Outdoors". I LOVE being outside. I LOVE where we live for being outside. I've also loved the various areas we've visited. I've always been of the mindset that every state and country has it's beautiful spots and it's not so beautiful spots. The fun is in finding those places, OR maybe it's also in finding the beauty where we think there isn't any. 

" As human beings we have an innate need to explore, to see what's around the corner. " Jimmy Chin

"There's no wi-fi in the forest, but you'll find a better connection"


I think it's so important to get outside. I admit, it was easier when my girls were younger and I wasn't working (a stay at home mom for a lot of years). It's harder to get out and enjoy the great outdoors now that I work outside the home and do some online work. I miss it. I love exploring. No matter how near to home or how far. It takes a lot more intentionality now.  

Several years ago, exploring tide pools at the beach. It was so much fun. 
Just one of the many falls in the Columbia River Gorge. This one is Horsetail Falls
There's just something so peaceful about water! 
When we went to Palm Desert three years ago, I felt like I landed on mars. It was just so dry and brown, BUT we were able to explore some neat areas and I was able to find beauty in the desert....don't ask me to live there though. 
I love seeing mountains as much as I love seeing water. So stunning and majestic. The high desert of central Oregon!
The streams and rivers in Switzerland were amazing. 
One of our local hikes we sometimes enjoy, not often enough though. 

On the banks of Lake Como. Aahhh....so refreshing.
The great outdoors offers us so much...from the beaches to the mountains. I love it all.
Lost Lake in Hood River Oregon
We hiked up Beacon Rock in the Columbia River Gorge. The views are amazing.
Blue Springs in Florida. We've been here several times and a few times have gotten to see the manatee..that is an amazing site.
Lake Merwin, a favorite local lake. So cold from mountain snow run off. 
The Swiss Alps were like no other. WOW. 
Hiking in 2020 right when Covid hit...this hike about did me in. It ended up being about 8 miles total and was beautiful, but my feet did not like it. 
We have an abundance of waterfalls and I love it. They are refreshing. 
I love all that nature has for us to explore. This mushroom showed up in my lawn one year. 
A boardwalk on Kelley's island...the rains had water over some of it and I had to take my shoes off, but it was fun exploring to see where I'd end up. My phone actually thought I was in Canada at one point. Because I was on the backside of the island that faces Canada. 
This gorgeous farm always invites to stay awhile. Draper Girls Farm in Hood River is a sure place to visit. 
My daughter and her friend Paddle Boarding in Hood River on the Columbia River.
Trails always come with anticipation...what will I see when I get to the end...in this case, the ocean.
A simple walk around the lake with my girls and mother in law is sometimes called for. 
My hubby took this pic of my mother in law and Me (I...me and my mother-in-law....lol...however it's supposed to go) on a walk. 
When we finally made it to the top of Beacon Rock. My hubby in black, our friend Danny in the pink shirt. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. You live in an outdoor mecca for sure, Kirstin! And your enthusiasm and love for the outdoors surely shines in your daughters' eyes and in their actions! And I love that quote about finding a better connection in the forest without wi-fi! Great shots of wonderful times outdoors. Once this heat calms down I will be back outside too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri...yes...definitely staying inside until it cools down. I'm NOT looking forward to working tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic collection of "Great outdoors" photos! I would love to get out and about but it is just too hot! Thank you for stopping by to visit me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha. I'm thankful our temps are pretty mild...well, except for last Saturday through MOnday when our temps ranged from 108--115 uggh.

      Delete
  3. Great shots. That one of the desert is awe-inspiring and the Swiss Alps....just ohhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely photos and all perfect for this week's theme Kirstin!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts