Taking in Life Around Me....#SundayStills...Theme: Celestial



This weeks theme for #SundayStills is "celestial".  This challenge is hosted by Terrie from Second Wind LeisureHere is where to find her current post. I've also been loving visiting the blogs of the other participants and being inspired by their interpretations of the theme.

I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to interpret this one...the definition of Celestial is: 

* positioned in or relating to the sky or outer space.
* Belonging or relating to heaven
*Supremely good

I didn't have too many photos that I felt fit the theme and our weather hasn't cooperated enough or I haven't been able to stay up late enough to have some fun with the night sky. However, I did come up with a few that were fun interpretations. 






Several years ago our youngest daughter took an astronomy class...One of the things she(we...lol) had to do was photograph or draw the night sky. I was pretty excited because I like challenging myself and had been wanting to learn to photograph the stars. We had fun going out and finding certain stars, constellations, etc. The above three photos are from one of those nights. The last one I took because I loved seeing the city lights of the town across the Columbia River and the clouds looked cool. 

I have a long way to go and haven't gotten out much since then to try it. 
While walking in Basel Switzerland we came upon this at the entrance to the Basel Exhibition Center in Messelplatz space. It is also called Window to Heaven. 
The sun setting over Lake Erie last June. 
The setting sun over the ocean this last March definitely looked celestial. 

2017 waiting for the eclipse...I had lots of fun singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart". We almost didn't find glasses to use. 
I am always fascinated by the sky. Sunrises, sunsets, cloud formations, stars, you name it. When we visit our favorite vacation spot (Sunriver) they have an awesome observatory that we've visited a few times. 


Last but not least...these sculptures and photos in a cathedral in Italy. 

See you all next week! 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Amazing celestial images and experiences, Kirstin! Love those eclipse glasses! I would have loved to see it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shot in Basel, Kirstin, looking up is always something I love to photograph too. Your eclipse glasses are cool and you've shown a good selection for the prompt of 'celestial'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts