Wednesday Hodgepodge

I thought I'd join up this week with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  I've been trying to get back into blogging more, and this looked like a fun link up. Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life. 



1. It's like my mama always said, "Listen to your God Gut." It was a phrase she said often. I still use it today. She would use it when a decision needed to be made, or you were feeling a certain way about something. Or uncomfortable about a situation or decision. He placed within us an ability to know and sense things and we should not be afraid to listen to them.   

2. May 11th is National Eat What You Want Day. What will you be having by way of celebration? Well, hmmm...I'm not really sure I'll eat anything different than I normally do. I mean, if I feel like eating something and it's handy, then I'll eat it. I work, so I can't really just "leave" to get whatever tickles my fancy. If I were to eat whatever I want, it would probably be ice cream or a donut. I always seem to miss these "national days". I either see them the day of or the day after. What is up with that.  

3. Describe your idea of a perfect spring day. My perfect spring day would be blue sky, birds chirping, warm weather with maybe a slight breeze, taking a walk on a trail or through a garden, or just sitting outside and reading, watching my hummingbirds. Or maybe it would be going to the city and walking along the streets and popping in and out of stores, stopping along the way to get an iced coffee and something to eat. 

4. Success, fulfillment, growth, achievement...pick one and tell us how it relates to your life in some way, either currently or in days gone by. Oh, how we have warped the standards by which we measure each of these. Especially when the measuring stick is the opinions of people that really don't matter; on TV, social media, magazines, etc. For me, in the last few years, fulfillment and growth have been what I have seen activated most in my life. I've realized that it is the simple things in life that bring me fulfillment. I've learned to let go of certain expectations. To embrace relationships that fuel me. I've learned that it's also okay for me to be fulfilled with the life we live and not let anyone else make me feel guilty for being where we are. I have grown more in the last few years by being willing to listen to others, by reading books, by tuning into podcasts, by having conversations and keeping my mind open. It doesn't always mean I'll change my mind or way of thinking, but I have to be willing to have a dialogue. Seeing EVERYONE as valuable and worthy even if we disagree.

5. I saw this going around on various social media sites and thought it would be fun to answer here. The last thing you bought on Amazon is your weapon in battle. How will you wield it?  (if you're not an Amazon shopper, then the last thing you bought online anywhere) Too funny. I've seen this around as well, and let's face it, I'm in trouble. The last thing I bought on Amazon was a supplement called Brain Regain. Before that two books. Nice knowing everyone, unless of course it's a battle of the minds. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. I'm thinking ahead to this upcoming week. We will have our 2 1/2 year old grandson with us for a week. A. WHOLE. WEEK, while his mom and dad and baby sister are at a youth leaders conference. I'm trying to think ahead to what things I can get done ahead of time in regards to my Virtual Assisting responsibilities so I don't have to worry about that when he's here. I will probably try and do all the post scheduling which will make for a busier than normal week this week, but I'll feel better knowing they're all done. I'm also thinking of simple meals, since I will still be working. My youngest daughter and a few others will babysit while hubby and I work. I'm sure I will be exhausted by the time they come back. Haha!

Well, that was fun. I hope you enjoyed it. Hopefully I'll be back next week, but, you know, babysitting....so we'll see. 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I liked your answer to # 4. How fun to have your grandson for a whole week! I cannot wait until ours are stateside and we get some real life facetime. Thanks for joining in today! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. Our daughter and son in law moved last august to Texas and then just last month moved back. I was sad for them, that it didn't work out for them to stay, but so glad they're back, because I get more time with them of course, but our grandson and new granddaughter.

      Delete
  2. I liked your answer to #4 and agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I need to make my way around to everyone, but first a walk and some online work.

      Delete
  3. Such a little cutie. Yes, you will be exhausted. I'm exhausted after a couple hours of "sitting" with the grands. It is nice that you will have him solo. Nodding my head at your perfect Spring day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is a cutie and definitely will be exhausted but it will be worth him. His baby sister is only 3 months old. I don't think I could have them both...lol.

      Delete
  4. Your answer to #5...in battle, the most important weapon is your mind....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your answer to #4. Your grandson is cute - it will be fun but you probably will be exhausted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I will be so tired...lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts