Taking in Life Around Me......#SundayStills.....Weather

This weeks theme for #SundayStills is "weather".  I'm so glad I found this challenge by Terrie from Second Wind Leisure. Find her current post here. I've also been loving visiting the blogs of the other participants and being inspired by their interpretations of the theme. 

First off, it's Mother's Day, so Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas. I hope you have a nice day.

Weather in the NW can be ever changing. I'm not a fan of rain but if I'm cozied up inside, I don't mind. This last week has been unpredictable. I wish I could've run outside a few times while at work to take pictures of the sky. One thing I LOVE is the sky. Unique cloud formations, changes in color. It's all so neat. I was searching my computer and external hard drives for one photo in particular, but couldn't find it. The sky was literally split....storm clouds, and blue sky. Which was it going to be? 

Today the sky is cloudy but I think the chances of rain are slim. I feel for weathermen and women. They just can't make everyone happy. 

Here are a few photos I conjured up. 

December 2015....a wind storm took down a bunch of trees on our hill. It was a weekend and we didn't think PUD would get out quick enough and it's the only way to our houses. My father in Law had been at the house and when he came back shortly after leaving I was surprised until he told me what happened. So we loaded up the chainsaw. He cut the trees and myself and another gal who was stuck coming up the hill tossed the pieces over the guard rail. Talk about a workout.  I love a good windstorm, but they can be scary. Thankfully no one was hurt (cars or people) by the falling trees. 

There is nothing more pretty than a sunny day at the beach. This was during a trip to Florida in 2018. My family lived near Daytona and New Smyrna beach. 
Our last day in Europe in 2019 found us staying over the border in France for a night....we enjoyed some quiet time by the swimming pool. The weather was amazing. 

Of course a good snow is right up there as a favorite, but only for a little while because life still has to go on and not all of our cars handle snow well.


Who else loves a layer of fog in the mornings. I do, especially when I'm coming down our hill. Especially in the fall. 

A cloudy day over Gig Harbor, Washington. 


In 2017 there were a few pretty serious forest fires in Oregon and parts of Washington. This was when we reached Bend, Oregon and stopped to do some grocery shopping. The left was smoke filled skies. Before 2017, I never really paid attention to the air quality readings, but boy I sure did that year. Yikes. We did get to enjoy a few days of our trip outside, but many days we found things to do inside.

I added a few videos, the top one is when I was in Ohio last year on Kelly's island and a storm blew in. The second is during a thunder and lightning storm in Texas in March. I can't figure out how to make them larger.  






Have a great week! I'll see you all back here next week. 

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. You captured PNW weather patterns perfectly, Kirstin! I especially love the misty Fall shot and the one of Gig Harbor. Have a beautiful Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri, and thank you for visiting. Our weather can change so quickly. I always forget to just pull out my phone and grab a photo or video.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts