#Weekend Coffee Share.......come have a cup
Hello! Come in, sit down and have some coffee with me. Or I have some tea if you prefer that. I could also make a smoothie. Our temps here in Washington State have been wonderful. Low to mid 70's, blue skies, aaahhhh, it's days like these that the PNW really shines. The mornings are chilly but beautiful. My hubby and I went for a walk this morning instead of working out inside. It was so pretty. I love hearing the birds sing, watching the last remnants of the sunrise. I love this time of year when it is light early and stays light later. Do you feel the same way?
This week has been a good one. I work Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and I have Wednesdays off. It is sort of a day off, since I use this day as one of my days to get heavier VA work done. My oldest daughter and her two kiddos came up for about an hour to visit which was nice, then we watched our grandson for a few hours in the evening. Boy does he keep me going, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It's just one of the reasons I try to stay in shape and healthy.
I'm not sure what the weekend holds. The weather is supposed to be beautiful. We are buckling down to get some work done on the addition to our house, so my husband (Kevin) is meeting with an electrician tomorrow. I'm going to a memorial service for the mother of two friends of ours. Then who knows what. I do need to sit and make a grocery list and do my grocery shopping since we get paid this weekend. Does anyone pre-plan meals, etc. Or do you just shop on a whim? I usually peruse Pinterest, a few cookbooks I have, etc. I have a few things that I will make every week because we like them and they're easy, especially when I have to work late. I'll probably go watch my youngest daughter play indoor soccer later this afternoon. She hasn't played in a few years and I always love watching her play. Both of my girls played outdoor club soccer and HS soccer, and then indoor soccer for awhile. My oldest daughter also played golf in HS. I always loved watching them at whatever they chose to do. We spent a lot of time in cars and at the fields, but it was always worth it when they were doing something they loved and we could be together. I can't wait to continue that with grandkids. I think my grandson is going to love motocross. His dad loves it, and he (my grandson) has a small battery operated dirt bike that he just cruises on.
Our little buddy on his Stacyc bike. He loves that thing.
Our oldest daughter, her sr. year in HS (2013/2014 season). This was a scrimmage, and I just realized our youngest is in the far left. They got to play together for one year which was so fun to watch. Our oldest completely tore her ACL her Jr. year, hence the big old brace on her knee. Boy was that a journey.
My oldest daughter during her Sr. year of golf. (2014) When she was a freshman she had never picked up a golf club. By her sr. year she had made it to state. She really enjoyed playing. The man we bought our property from was the golf coach at the time and he said she should try it.
My youngest daughter (in orange) in 2017...she was always so feisty on the field. Small but fast. She took a lot of hits and thankfully didn't come away with any major injuries. Phew.
On the home building front, we met with a lady last week to talk about picking flooring, tile, cabinet colors, etc. So many choices and we just weren't sure we were on the right track. She helped give us ideas. We've spent a few days looking at appliances and may have those narrowed down. Again, SO MANY CHOICES. Of course when you're working with a budget you can't just pick whatever you want. We know what things are most important to us and that is helpful.
I'm still working on getting a few books read, two that I've been trying to finish, and another for a book club. I also joined a club that my hubby's cousin mentioned on IG called Shelfrighteous. It's a book box based out of Goshen, Indiana, where his family is from. In each box is a book authored by a woman, and includes 4-5 other gifts that come from women owned small businesses and reasonably sourced and eco friendly. One thing I love is that it can be paused. Many box subscriptions don't allow you to do that. I get my first box in June. I'm excited to see what's inside.
Next week, my youngest daughter (Kristiana) and Kevin are going on a trip to Tennessee together. I plan to paint a dresser while they are gone. I was originally going to be babysitting my grandson all week as my daughter, her husband and their 3 month old were going to be at a conference, but that got changed so I'll have time to do the dresser. I'm a bit nervous since I've never painted furniture. We'll see how it goes.
Still dealing with some perimenopause stuff but not as bad as last month so I'm hopeful, but we'll see. I feel like everything is unpredictable but my naturapath gave me some things to try that hopefully will help my iron levels and other things we women deal with. Ha!
On Wednesday I joined in on the Writers Quote Wednesday, but also joined Wednesday HodgePodge which was fun and I may keep doing that. Then of course still participating in Weekend Coffee Share and Sunday Stills. Maybe this weekend I'll take my camera out somewhere to take some photos. I've been wanting to visit our local wildlife refuge again. It's been awhile since I've been there. These challenges have helped me be more consistent with blogging. Next, I want to be more consistent with blogging things such as recipes, home building updates, and even some type of series on topics close to my heart. Sometimes it feels like I'm functioning on autopilot, just getting things done that need doing. I know I'm not the only one.
Well, I'll leave it at this for now. Have an amazing weekend, thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate it and try to make to everyone else before the next Coffee Share.
Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare
Kirstin








Thank you, Kirstin, for sharing beautiful photos of your grandson, especially the one he looks directly at you, and great action shots of your daughters playing sports. You've been keeping busy. Have a great weekend and great week ahead. #Weekendcoffeeshare
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting Natalie. I got my big girl camera when my girls started playing soccer on full fields and the little point and shoot just didn't cut it anymore...lol. Since they've both graduated I admit I need to get it out more. I've gotten lazy.
DeleteI love the photos of your grandson on his dirt bike. How adorable! The older grandkids look like fierce athletes.
ReplyDeleteHe's so fun. The two older girls are my daughters when they were in HS, and yes, they were fierce athletes for sure.
DeleteHi Kirstin - glad the house stuff is still going along smoothly and your grandson is absolutely cute. I hope you're going to put up some before and after photos of the dresser once you complete it - I love seeing what others do with furniture restorations.
ReplyDeleteI plan to post some photos, and we'll see how it all turns out.
DeleteHow lovely that you're having pleasant temperatures (although I know nothing about Fahrenheit, lol). And the light - oh how I love the long days.
ReplyDeleteThose photos of your grandson on his bike are wonderful!!
Yes, the long days are amazing. Well, I'm not that great with celsius either so we're about an even match on those...lol. When we visited Europe a few years ago, boy were conversions a struggle. Lol.
DeleteYour grandson is so cute! My middle son is the only one that is into any sort of sports. He's been taking karate for years and just started track this year in high school. It is a lot of driving but I do love watching him learning something new and trying his best. I really do not enjoy meal planning but will sit down once at the end of the month/ start of the next to plan out an entire month worth of meals. I don't always necessarily cook each meal on the night I planned to make them but at least I know I'll have what I need on hand.
ReplyDeleteWe (and I mean everyone) tried to talk my youngest into running track because she was soooo fast, but she was committed to soccer and is stubborn so the more you bugged her, the more she didn't want to do it. :/
Delete