10 on the 10th.....May Edition....10 Things I Hate (or Really dislike)



I'm joining again on 10 on the 10th with Leslie from Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After. This months theme is 10 things you hate or really dislike. I took the "to do" part off, because I wasn't sure there was 10 things that I hate to do, though there probably are. I'll probaby go with really dislike, because I don't use the word "hate" often. Though I will admit, this past year I've used it more often, mostly in regards to how I see people acting, or things that are going on in our world. 

So what will my 10 be? I don't know yet...and it's the 9th....I haven't thought about it as much as I would have liked, and I thought it would come easier to me. They may revolve around house work....my house is "clean" but not eat off the floors clean. I always say if I could hire one domestic chore out, it would be house cleaning. There's just so many other things I'd rather do. 

So, let's see what I can come up with:

1. Washing Windows: I do not like cleaning windows....because I always leave streaks and it annoys me to have to keep re-doing them. Yet, like anything I don't like to do, I do them (once in awhile) because they need to be done. 

2. Weeding: Another one of those things that needs to be done, but is kind of a pain, 9/10 times. There are those rare moments that I do enjoy getting out there in the dirt, and I love how a space looks once it's been weeded. 

3. I DO NOT like confrontation. If I take any personality test, every one will show the same results. I'm a peace maker, I'm 9 on the Enneagram, followed closely by 2 and 6. I find that I have thoughts and opinions, but I struggle voicing those in a face to face confrontation or debate. I find that I get tongue tied and begin to doubt my thoughts. Even though I tend to write better than "talk" I guard what I say because I realize that oftentimes social media is not the place for debates. If my opinion is not asked for, I refrain from giving it. 

4. Eating in Restaurants/Going to Movies alone: Two things I've never enjoyed doing by myself. I can shop by myself with no problem, but to go sit in a restaurant and eat dinner, or sit in a movie theater by myself...I don't know. I've just never been able to bring myself to do it. Yet, I have friends who thoroughly enjoy it, 

5. Goodbyes: I suppose no one truly likes goodbyes. No matter what kind of goodbye they are. The Goodbye before or after a trip, okay, I can handle that. Permanent goodbyes; someone moving, or passing away, ugghh..sometimes I find myself wanting to avoid them, or squelch the feelings down. Not necessarily a healthy thing.

6. I hate when people lump other people into a box....ie..well, you follow this or that, so you must be this or that. I have seen so much cruelty through words this last year and it breaks my heart. It seems to be assumed that if you believe a certain way then you agree with everything that others who believe that way do. Does that make sense. I like to think that we are individuals with varying ideas and beliefs, that actually may or may not change over time. 

7. Watching movies about people dying from diseases:....I can't do it. Maybe because I lost my mom to cancer, I just can't watch those kinds of movies. Nope, won't do it. 

8. Having my teeth worked on. I love my dentist and the staff, but I HATE having my teeth worked on. I often say I have enough crowns in my mouth I could rule a few countries. Not #1 on my list of fave things. In fact, I need to go have 3 cavities taken care of soon, and two will require replacement of crowns. Uggh.

9. Ironing....I DO not like ironing. I purposely won't buy something if I know it will be high maintenance. Oh, and forget dry cleaning...I ain't got time for that. 

10. Shopping for clothes....I love new clothes, I just don't like shopping for them, having to try them on, being disappointed when they don't quite fit. Ugghh. 

Well, that's it. I suppose there could be more things, but we'll just leave it at that. 

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I try to never iron anything at all and have been known to get rid of perfectly good clothes because they require ironing. I don't enjoy eating out alone but I will do it; I make sure to bring a good book with me and just read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha..that's funny about the ironing. I would probably do the same thing. I think if I did eat alone, I'd probably bring a good book. I can sit in a coffee shop and read or work on my computer, but a full on restaurant is a struggle.

      Delete
  2. Great list! I actually like ironing because I like the finished product! I, too, strongly dislike when people lump other people into a box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I wish I liked ironing. Maybe because I'm not very good at it...lol

      Delete
  3. I think eating in a restaurant alone is just the saddest. Whenever I see someone alone, I want to ask them to join us. My husband has no problem eating solo. Me? I will just skip the meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I feel like "oh, no, why do they have to eat alone", even though it's probably not the case. Haha..I'd just skip or get it to go.

      Delete
  4. Sensational list. I thought my list would come to me easily but it does seem that there are very few things we dislike. And I dislike using the word hate...should have mentioned that from the get-go.

    I have gotten somewhat used to eating alone for lunch now and then, and have even done a movie once or twice. It gets easier with practice. I like having something to work on while I eat. Or a good book.

    Washing windows...good one!! And blinds, I might add. In the midst of spring cleaning and moving very slowly. Might get it done by next spring at this rate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts