#WQWWC...April 7th Theme......FItness, Health and Wellness

I decided to join in with Writer's Quotes Wednesday, hosted by Marsha from Always Write. If you're interested in joining, you can find more about #WQWWC here


This weeks theme is Fitness, Health or Wellness. Such a good theme. Fitness (exercise, movement), health (physical and mental) and wellness (body soul and spirit), 3 areas that are so important but often so neglected. Three areas that go hand in hand, necessary for us to thrive body soul and spirit. They will be walked out by each person differently, for example; I will not be running any marathons, but I will be exercising at least 6 days a week. 
 
I desire to live my best life, as long as I can live it. Am I perfect in these areas? No. Do I always get it right? No. Do I have a weakness for Oreos? Yes. It's about balance and moderation for me. 

How about you? Is there one area that you struggle with more than another? 


Some of my favorite quotes on the topics:

"Fall in love with taking care of your body" 
"You don't need to be extreme, just consistent"

"No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch" 

"It is a shame for a "woman/man" to grow old without ever seeing the strength and beauty of which "her/his" body is capable."
 ~Socrates~

"Wellness is not a 'medical fix' but a way of living-a lifestyle sensitive and responsive to all the dimensions of body, mind and spirit, an approach to life we each design to achieve our highest potential for well-being now and forever"
    ~Greg Anderson~

"The human body has been designed to resist an infinite number of changes and attacks brought about by its environment. The secret of good health lies in successful adjustment to changing stresses on the body"
   ~Harry J. Johnson~

"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will instruct his patients in care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease."
   ~Thomas Edison~

I love these! We were created so intricately, so amazingly, so capable of so much. If only we would tap into all those capabilities, if only we'd stop comparing, stop abusing our minds and bodies. If only we'd start listening to what our bodies tell us, to start feeding them and supplying them with all that nourishes and fuels and builds them up. If only we'd be kind to ourselves. If only we'd take time for self care, to do the things we love. To realize that what we put out in the world will either fuel us or deplete us. 

Let's choose, however works for us, to do all we can to live our best lives now and in the future. Let's come along side each other and cheer one another on. Let's not tear down, or villify others if they think or feel differently than we do. We all approach health, wellness and fitness differently and that's okay.

Things that I try to implement for health, wellness and fitness:

1. Exercise 4-6 days a week. Now that the weather is getting nicer, that means walking in the evenings too. 

2. I enjoy baths at night as a way to wind down. I try to go up to be an hour before bedtime to read.

3. I take regular supplements, avoid Fast food and heavily processed foods as much as possible and buy organic and local when I'm able.

4. I see a naturapathic doctor, and chiropractor. 

5. I am learning to listen to what my body and mind need. To recognize things that aren't healthy for my mind or emotions (some times of the month more so than others).

6. Work to stay positive and feed my spirit and soul through reading, music, podcasts, etc. 

Not perfect and some goals I have to continue to thrive, but it's a daily minute by minute process right? 



With Joy Unquenchable,

Kirstin

Comments

  1. This is lovely, Kirstin. I love these two quotes the best. "You don't need to be extreme, just consistent"

    "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch." I'm going to stop what I'm doing as soon as I press enter on this comment and go for a short walk before it gets dark on me. I love, this. Thanks for the little push. I need several hard shoves every day! Thanks, Kirstin. Thanks again for joining in. You make my week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marsha! I need to get more motivated. I've been struggling with peri menopause symptoms and it has made me a bit more fatigued. Uggghh. It's been fun to join in with this challenge. Thanks again for hosting it

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts