#WQWWC.....April 14th Theme.....Faith

I decided to join in with Writer's Quotes Wednesday, hosted by Marsha from Always Write. If you're interested in joining, you can find more about #WQWWC here. 

Faith in God, Faith in a higher power, Faith in humanity.....Faith is a huge part of our lives whether it's a lack of faith or being full of faith, or maybew we're on a journey to find faith, maybe we're discouraged, but no matter what, it's a part of our everyday lives, from our own experience(s) or in what we perceive in the lives of others. For me, personally, it's a faith in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, it's also a faith in the goodness of humanity.

Wow....this was tricky narrowing down quotes. I could spend forever reading them all, making it hard to choose. But choose I did. I chose several that spoke to my heart. 



All the world is made of faith, and trust and pixie dust. J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

If only we could all live by these three things...

When I think of pixie dust...I think of moments of magic, moments of bliss, those things that bring us joy, the little things that we take time to notice, memories that make us smile.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. – Mahatma Gandhi

YES! I love this analogy. I'm sure some would disagree, but those are the ones that choose to focus on the negative. The ones who choose to submerge themselves in media that capitalizes on the negative. The ones who's social media is filled with anger, negativity, despair. Is there a lot wrong in the world? Yes, but there is also a lot right in the world. I believe we can see the wrong, and work to make changes where we can, where we live, where we are at and at the same time celebrate all that is good in the world and in humanity.

Faith gives you an inner strength and a sense of balance and perspective in life. – Gregory Peck

Again, YES! When you have faith, there is just that ability, even in the midst of hard times, struggle, grief, conflict, that allows you to find a balance and a perspective (even if you lose sight of them momentarily) that says "this is not all there is, this is not the end game, there is more to this life than what I am currently going through and I know that I can keep moving forward, I know there is goodness, I know I can change my circumstance or how I view my circumstance". There's an ability to dig a little deeper. 
 

My faith helps me understand that circumstances don’t dictate my happiness, my inner peace. – Denzel Washington

The story of the farmer and the donkey came to mind. The donkey fell in a well, and while the circumstances looked grim, and the farmer who had decided that there was nothing he could do to get the donkey out decided to bury him. The farmer began shoveling dirt into the well. The donkey discovered that when he shook the dirt off his back, the ground got higher. He continued to shake dirt off, and stop up onto it until the well was full and he was able to get out. 

How true is this of life sometimes. Life throws dirt at us, tries to bury us alive, people give up on us...how do we deal with that, how do we handle it?
  
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see

I had a conversation with a man who came into my work, a bit on the grumpy side because let's face it, life has been nuts this last year and it was beating him up. He said "well, I'm a realist" to which I answered "well, I'm an optimistic realist". I believe faith helps me to have that outlook on life. 

Share with me in the comments your favorite quote or thought on faith and be sure to visit Marsha's blog to read other thoughts on faith. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Kirstin, this is beautiful. I love the donkey story. Smart donkey! I also love the quote, "You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty." – Mahatma Gandhi Even with all the pollution in the oceans, we have people that dedicate their lives to cleaning it up. The same is true for mankind. We have to look for the good in life. If we do, we will find some. Even Corrie and her sister found miracles and good in their awful circumstances. And they rejoiced and sang. Thanks for joining in, Kirstin. You are a rock star. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Marsha! It's so fun reading what everyone else finds and their takes on each theme.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts