Taking in Life Around Me......#SundayStills....Color Challenge: Violet

This weeks theme for #SundayStills is "violet".  I'm so glad I found this challenge by Terrie from Second Wind Leisure. Find her current post here. I've also been loving visiting the blogs of the other participants and being inspired by their interpretations of the theme. 

I'm not a huge fan of the color "purple" or any of it's hues. Sure it's pretty but it's not a color I have in my home. However, I do love purple flowers. 

I did find some purple pens on my desk....do you think I use them? Not really. Enjoy my take on "violet". Some were recent and a few I pulled from my archives. 

As we left to go on our walk last week, I noticed my bluebells were blooming. They are a favorite of mine, and while called bluebells they are definitely more purple. 
I took this picture at a friends house...I'm not sure what the flower is, but it's so pretty.
When my daughter was doing a class in college we had to go in the woods and do some observing (I don't remember what it was for now), but this purple trillium caught my eye. 
I'm not a fan of big irises, BUT I love these sweet petite ones that grow in a spot in my yard. We haven't really done any landscaping yet, but I've thrown some flowers in here and there. 
While we were in Texas last month we visietd the Forth Worth Botanical Gardens. They were so pretty. At the time they were having a Japanese festival and these lanterns were hanging.



Loved the purple flowers coming off this gorilla topiary.


These pretty little flowers were popping up along my walk a few months ago.
This fish caught my eye at the Botanical gardens. I couldn't really get a good picture, but still wanted to share it. 
And a few purple pens I found on my desk. 

Have a great week friends, and I'll see you next week. 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Wonderful gallery of violets, Kirstin! Those florals are so rich in color and I love the paper lanterns, too! I didn't have any to share, but we will soon have volunteer lupine popping up in the property soon. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lupine are so pretty! I loved your photos too. Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  2. I loved your take on violet Kirstin and your photos show a range of colours. Great to visit you for #SundayStills :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts