Spring Bucket List Update......4/21/2021

It's time for a Spring Intentionality List, update. A lot has been going on since I posted this on the 21st of March. However, I did accomplish many things or at least working towards them, and other things kind of stalled, but that's okay. I'll take it all in stride. 

Good For the Body:
👌 Work on movement: stretching and flexibility...we workout 4-6 days a week but I want to work on the other two things above.
I did okay with this. I really didn't work out a lot. A long story short, I went 8 weeks starting in January with no menstrual cycle, THEN in March I started and literally had a period for 4 weeks straight with two of them being horrifically heavy. With that came very little energy , so I didn't really want to push myself to exercise. I just listened to my body. 
👎 Continue the goal of losing weight. I put on some weight in the last few months so more focus on exercise and eating well.
Well, along with the reason for the first goal, no, I haven't lost weight, in fact I have put on about 7 pounds much to my dismay, BUT am trying to give myself grace. Hoping that now that my cycle has ended (who knows for how long) and I'm taking a few things to help my iron levels I will get back at it. So while a thumbs down, I'm blaming Peri- menopause. It sucks.
👌 Less coffee, more smoothies, tea and Arbonne Fizz for energy
Doing better, but of course I was more tired lately so resorted to more coffee even though I'm convinced it doesn't perk me up, I guess it's just a comfort thing for me. I have been enjoying some iced Nettle Leaf tea that my Naturapath recommended. I finally found some at one of our local markets the other day.
👎 Purchase a fitness watch and maybe do some virtual races, or at least set a goal of how many miles I'd like to walk in a certain amount of time. 
I haven't done this yet, but still plan to. I've had some recommendations so I just need to decide. 

Good For the Soul:
👍Back on track with reading. I've slacked off.  
I have been reading more again. For my book club and I just ordered a book called The Wisdom of Menopause, and a journal to go with it. It should be here tomorrow. I got a sample downloaded to my kindle and really enjoyed it.
👌 Listen to uplifting podcasts/IG stories, etc. for growth, encouragement and fun
I've been doing a bit better at this...Some days it's hard to sit and listen...lol. And I've got a great library of Podcasts I just never seem to hit play. 
👎 Spend time being "quiet" and "listening": Just being still, not feeling like I always have to go, go, go
No....why is this so stinkin' hard. However, I will say the weather is nicer, days are longer so I'm sitting on the porch more, going for short walks once in awhile. 
👍Write more. Whether it's blog posts or other type of writing...journal, poem, haiku, letter...just write. 
I've been doing better with blogging. I've joined a couple different challenges/threads, whatever they're called and that has been fun. They are: 
2) Sunday Stills Photography challenge hosted by Terrie at Second Wind Leisure. 
4)  And then I've enjoyed the 10 on the 10th series and these Bucket list ones that Leslie hosts. I'd love to do the Sentence a Day but just haven't gotten to that one yet. Maybe May?

These have all been a lot of fun to participate in. For several years I participated in Write 31 Days.I enjoyed it and have been thinking of trying to blog a variety of "series". Not necessarily posting everyday, but choosing a topic and posting on that topic for a month. We'll see. 

Our youngest daughter celebrated her 22nd birthday at the beach with friends. We went down for the day to celebrate. Gorgeous day.

Good For the Heart:
👎Update some decor items around the house. Refresh
Not really. Nope, hasn't happened. 
👎 Do Some crafting. 
Another big nope.  
👎 Find places in our own backyard to explore
Nope. Partly because of time and partly because I wasn't feeling my best and honestly didn't want to be far from bathrooms...just keeping it real, sorry if it's TMI. 
👎 Organize photos and get some prints made to hang up.
A definite no. Did nothing but add more photos to my poor phone and computer..haha. 

Good for the Mind:
👎 Learn something new: Whether it's bettering my photography or something else
Not yet! Though I have played off and on with creating Haikus on a few posts, that's been fun. 
👍 Continue working on my Spanish with Duolingo:
I have been working on it. Not as often as I'd like but I have been trying to do it several times a week. I've even added Italian to it because I'd love to learn.  
👎Hone some VA skills: I want to watch some videos, etc. to get better at what I do.
Unfortunately no. I can't seem to find the extra time to sit and really make it beneficial...as in, being able to commit a good amount of time and focus to it. 




In February we welcomed a new Granddaughter and  we got to meet her when we went to visit in March. Her big brother sure loves her and so do we. 


Just Good:
👍 Try some new recipes: I love making new things, and healthier versions of the ones we love.
I have tried several new recipes, unfortunately I haven't taken time to photograph to share here on the blog...plus I rarely create my own recipes...lol. 
👍 Play games with family: I love playing games, we just don't do it enough.
Yes...we have spent several weekend afternoons playing games. usually hand and foot, but also the Monopoly card game and a game called Yanif. 
👎 Go on a photo walk. Whether by myself or with others. 
No, mostly due to time. I'd love to go to Portland, but there is a lot of unrest in the city and I'm not sure I want to venture there at the moment. I need to look online for some group photo walks. 
👎 Buy a few more clothing items. 
No, mostly because of the weight gain..so with that said, I did buy two pairs of shorts...they're the same size as I've been, but just fit a bit more comfortably right now.
👌 Plan my garden....what will I plant, pull my containers out, buy my soil.
Working on it...bought my soil, and next on the list is to decide what I want to plant and buy some seeds and starts.
Our front yard during our snow! LOVED it!

On my winter list, I said I wanted some snow....well, we did get a good week of heavy snow. I think we almost had close to 2'. It was awesome. And then I was ready for it to be gone....till next year.  

We did travel to Texas in March to see our kids who live there, but are actually moving back this week. In fact by the time this posts, I'll be on an airplane back to Washington with my oldest and her two little ones while her hubby drives a U-haul. Yay. It was a fun visit though and I'm glad we went. 
Second time visiting Magnolia Market. So fun. 

Hopefully by next update, I can add some more thumbs up. 

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Oh, my goodness, what a time you have had with the peri-menopause business. I went through that in 2005 and had a partial hysterectomy that left my ovaries in place. End of issues. So glad I had the surgery. Hope your weeks of bleeding are soon behind you never to return again. Please continue to give yourself grace about the possible weight gain. Just concentrate on being healthy. Moving more and eating well. The rest will fall into place.

    Beautiful snow picture. I would love to experience a tremendous snow like that for a day or two but then I would be ready for it to melt. We are traveling to Kentucky and Ohio tomorrow and they have had snow in both our mothers' cities. Not sure what to pack because it will be 70 toward the end of our visit. Layers, I guess.

    Hope after you get settled back home from your trip to Texas, you can work on a craft project or two. Or get some of your photos framed. I want to scan old photos and get them onto thumb drives but that sounds so boring!! Maybe I will do 30 minutes a day while listening to a book.

    Thanks for linking up with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, as much as I love snow...I'm good with it staying a short time then melting. Haha! I have family in Northern Ohio. Both my parents were born and raised there. I totally agree on the grace. We'll see what happens in the coming months. Have a fun trip!

      Delete
  2. Hello Kirstin. I hope this finds you feeling a bit more energetic and less tied to the bathroom. :-) I am happy to hear that you are listening to your body and giving...or at least trying to...give yourself grace. You deserve it. We had a pretty dry winter and now a cool wet spring. The opposite of what I'd prefer, but Mother Nature didn't ask me, so I'm practicing acceptance. Good luck with your list this month. Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy it. Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...how dare Mother Nature not listen or ask our advice...lol. I get sad when we don't get at least a little snow and our elevation is so low, that is often the case. We've had some dry days this last week, but back to rain for now. But it's good because sometimes if our spring is too dry, we have more wildfires in the summer.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts