Taking in Life Around Me....#SundayStills.....Green

This weeks theme for #SundayStills is "spring green".  I'm so glad I found this challenge by Terrie from Second Wind Leisure. Find her current post here. I've also been loving visiting the blogs of the other participants and being inspired by their interpretations of the theme. 

A haiku about green....by me: 

Green breaks through the leaves,
A gentle reminder comes,
New life is now here.

There's just something about the color green. It's various hues, the way it springs forth and fights to remain even when the heat of summer wants to turn it brown (because let's be honest, some of us don't water our lawns)...lol. I have always loved the color green. Some people are attracted to the dessert, some to the sea, but I need green...somewhere. Maybe that's why I love living in the PNW so much....even with my distaste for rain, I know it is vital to bring back the green and cause it to thrive. 

I love seeing the tiny ferns growing out of the moss on the trees when I go for my walks. They are always so bright and vibrant.
Rain on the green leaves.
There is an abundance of ferns of all species to be found here. 
One of the popular hiking spots...
Green grass on the farm. 
Does anyone else get excited to see this every spring? I almost get giddy. I need to make my way down to our local tulip fields sometime.
Saw this bright green patch of moss on my walk recently. 
Spring green and pretty purple emerging from the ground. 
A pretty courtyard in Switzerland. 

Now off to see what everyone else has posted. 



With Joy Unquenchable,

Kirstin

Comments

  1. Aaah, such wonderful greens, Kirstin! You caught the essence of spring perfectly with your lush greens. Love the close-up of the drops on the green leaf! I get excited to see moss and that spring green, too, but I have to wait a few more weeks when things get a little warmer at night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. with the drops on the leaf, I was trying to practice getting some different shots. I'd love to get a macro lens sometime. My daughter got me a lens ball (crystal ball) a few years ago but I haven't played with it much. sometimes it's hard to manage alone...lol.

      Delete
  2. So much beauty, Kirstin. The moss is so vivid. I love the flowers and your favorite hiking spot. Spring green can't get much better than this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Spring green is amazing. And thank you for visiting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts