Taking in Life Around Me......#SundayStills.....Rosy Red




Happy Valentines Day. This weeks theme for #SundayStills is "rosy red".  I'm so glad I found this challenge by Terrie from Second Wind Leisure. Find her current post here. I've also been loving visiting the blogs of the other participants and being inspired by their interpretations of the theme. 

I'm using a few older photos again, but I did get out and about and take a few new ones. This weekend we were hit with snow, and I found myself wishing we had Cardinals here in the PNW. How pretty would that be. 

LOVE this flag on the side of a fence.

2018 in Florida at Disney World. Rosy red phone booth!!!


The grocery store was loaded with red roses.....then we got a snow storm and not many people are out and about. We are snowed in at our house. 


Red buildings in Italy were stunning!!!! Ugghhh I want to go back. I want to go back and go even slower and savor it even more. 
Burano, Italy, and my daughter in her rosy red dress.
"Lady in red......" I just had to take a picture of her on the balcony of our Airbnb in her red dress. There's just something about wearing red!


And you can't forget the geraniums all around Switzerland. My mother in law is Swiss and in the summer, her containers here back home are filled with beautiful red geraniums. 

I was driving in the backroads locally the other day and saw this barn. I LOVE barns and I had to turn around and take a quick pic, and I mean quick because there was no shoulder. 

These local fields will be blooming with rosy red berries in a few months. YUM. 


If you love recipes, come back on the 16th. I'm joining up with some fellow bloggers to share  some "treats for our sweets" recipes and I'm sharing a family favorite dessert. 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. What wonderful rosy-reds you shared, Kirstin! Your daughter's red dress is such a stand-out in the images. That flag on the fence is amazing! Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day, and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She planned that trip so well, did so much research, and knew she needed a red dress...I have a photo of my grandson in front of another flag murel but chose not to share it because I didn't take the photo.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kirstin I love your photos this week for #SundayStills - the red telephone box just perfect and I would love to revisit Italy because that is where my husband was born. Perhaps one day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is awesome....what part of Italy? My moms side of the family is Italian. From Sicily, Naples, Abruzzo and I think one other place, but maybe that is it

      Delete
  3. A great selection of reds Kirstin, I love the red dress on the balcony shot!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts