Blog Hop......Favorite Treats for Your Sweets: Banana Cream Cheesecake



I'm so excited to participate with some great bloggers in a recipe swap and blog hop. It's been awhile since I've joined in on a blog hop. This should be fun. If you are coming over from Jamie's blog, thank you! I appreciate it. When you're done checking out what I made, head over to Penny's blog to see what she made. At then end I'll list all the bloggers who participated. Be sure to visit them as well. Thank you to Leslie from Once Upon A Time and Happily Ever After for hosting and putting this together. 

I had planned to try my hand at making eclairs, since when I asked my hubby what he would like he said "eclairs or custard". I figured eclairs since they also have custard in them. My plan was to make them for Valentines Day. However, two things happened.

 1) We are snowed in, so Friday night my daughter made a chocolate cake, and then bought ingredients to make peanut butter cheesecake cups....I thought "we do NOT need three desserts in one weekend.

And.....
 
2) I threw my back out this morning (Saturday the 13th), sooooo, I didn't think I'd be up to making a dessert this weekend. 

However, last month we had a virtual baby shower (live on FB) for my oldest daughter who is living in Texas (I'm in Washington).....I decorated, planned some games, and made a favorite dessert, so that is what I'm sharing today for our blog hop. 
I first had this cheesecake years ago when a friend brought it to our home. We were hooked and I've made it off and on over the years. It has been several years since I made it. It was time to break it out again. Oh, my! Trust me, you'll love it. 



Banana Cream Cheesecake
Ingredients:

Crust
1 3/4 c. graham cracker crumbs (about 28 squares)
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, melted

Cheesecake:
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1 carton (8oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
3-4 medium bananas, sliced
1 3/4 c. cold milk
1 pkg. (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350

1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir in butter. Set aside 1/2 c. of the mix for the topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9" springform pan or 9" square baking pan, but the springform pan will work better. Bake at 350 for 5-7 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.  


2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 2 cups of whipped topping. Arrange half of the banana slices on crust; top with half the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers, ending with the cheese mixture. 


3. In a bowl, beat milk and pudding mixuntil smooth. Fold in remaining whipped topping. Pour over final cream cheese layer and sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until set. Remove ring from pan and serve.





Feel free to join in and link up your recipe below in the link party or in the comments. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
                  
Check out the other bloggers who participated:

Dani at Faster Than Forever http://lildesiqua.blogspot.com/ 

Gale at All the Little Bits https://allthelittlebits.com/.

Jo at And Anyways  https://andanyways.com/

Liz at Closet Play Image  https://closetplay.biz/

Jamie at No Delusions of Grandeur https://nodelusionsofgrandeur.com/

Kirstin (Me) at Loving Life https://troyerslovinglife.blogspot.com/

Penny at Penny's Passion http://pennyspassion.blogspot.com/

Deb at Deb's World http://debs14.blogspot.com/

Leslie at Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After https://onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com/



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. This sounds like a fun cheesecake to make, I think my grandchildren would love it too! Maybe when we are out of lockdown and we can have them over for dinner I will have a go at this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it's a winner, and not hard. Hopefully lockdown ends sooner than later.

      Delete
  2. MMMMM! Banana pudding and cheesecake combined! I'm thinking about adding a chocolate layer in there somewhere... Thank you for sharing, Kirstin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be amazing....or even chocolate drizzle or ganache...

      Delete
  3. I've never had a banana cream cheesecake but this looks lush. And your baby shower looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's worth trying. Thanks on the baby shower. I was so sad we couldn't be there, but they did it live and we put it on our TV and I planned games, etc. There were 5 of us at my house who watched and participated in it.

      Delete
  4. Oh, my gosh!! This looks so good. I know we would like it very much. I am sorry you have had back issues, hoping things are better now. The baby shower decorations are adorable - love the little duckies and the balloons. Thank you so much for joining me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts