Fall Intentionality List 2020



I recently came across the blog Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After. I've been really desiring to get back to blogging. I get so busy with working outside the home and doing VA work, that I don't spend time on my own blog. I love blogging for the creativity and as a sort of online journal, for myself and hopefully for others. 

I love that Leslie has several monthly/seasonal blog hops/parties (it's been so long since I've really blogged that I can't remember what they're called). Posts that other bloggers participate in and share amongst each other. This one, she calls her "Bucket List". I decided to call mine an "intentionality list". I love the word intentional, especially in the season we are in right now. Intentionality is so important. I did decide to follow her format, because I function well that way...categories, with bullet points.  

I love fall. It's a time for falling leaves, I love the changing colors, the crisp air, pumpkin flavors and scents. I help out on the weekends at my son in law's family's pumpkin patch and I LOVE it!!! 




So, let's get to it. I'd love to know what would be on your Fall Bucket or Intentionality list. 


Good For the Body:
⛞ Work on movement: stretching and flexibility...we workout 4-6 days a week but I want to work on other the other two things above.
⛞ Be intentional with food: Continue making good choices
⛞ Less coffee: I love my coffee but notice I'm drinking it more than I want to.
⛞ Ride my bike on nice days: For fitness but just for the joy and beauty of it. 

Good For the Soul:
⛞ Start and finish my new book Everything's Spiritual: I'm trying to read more. Both fiction for fun, and other books for learning and growth.
⛞ Listen to uplifting podcasts/IG stories, etc. for growth, encouragement and fun
⛞ Spend time being "quiet" and "listening": Just being still, not feeling like I always have to go, go, go

Good For the Heart:
⛞Work on my new embroidery: I just started getting into this again.
⛞Connect with friends more intentionally: whether it's via zoom or Facetime.
⛞Find times to go on a date with hubby: We haven't done this as much since Covid.
⛞ Send some cards of gratitude 
⛞ Find places in our own backyard to explore

Good for the Mind:
⛞ Learn something new: Whether it's photography or something else
⛞ Work on my Spanish with Duolingo: I was doing good and then I just kind of quit doing it.
⛞Hone some VA skills: I want to watch some videos, etc. to get better at what I do.

Just Good:
⛞ Try some new recipes: I love making new things, and healthier versions of the ones we love.
⛞ Play games with family: I love playing games, we just don't do it enough.
⛞ Take more time for style and taking care of me for fun: Sometimes I just wear the same things, or just throw my hair up. But I love looking cute, so I want to get creative on my non work days or when I go somewhere. 
⛞ Make a holiday baking list, especially for Christmas
⛞ Get back into blogging! Shoot for once a week to start. 

That's a pretty good start. I think they're doable and that's the key. Not creating lists, or intentions that are so far out there that we become discouraged. I want things that are tangible and that even if I don't get to them, that's okay. I can keep working towards them. I can't wait til this whole pandemic is over. I miss people's smiles in the stores, I miss traveling freely, shoot, I even miss trying on clothes and I don't always like clothes shopping. 

Last fall I did actually check a big thing off my "bucket list" if I were to have one, which I don't. Our youngest daughter took a trip to Switzerland for a month and really wanted to go to Italy while there but didn't want to go alone, so we decided to save up our money and join her for two weeks. We traveled Italy for a week and then Switzerland. You can see my previous posts for highlights from that trip. This summer, I also tried paddle boarding for the first time (something else I've always wanted to do). It was so fun, even though I'm not a fan of water, especially deep water. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
With Joy Unquenchable,

Comments

  1. That's a big pumpkin patch. We plant about plants, so our patch is small. We share the pumpkins with friends & neighbors. I like to do a little baking with pumpkins. I have one cup of coffee each day & every once in a while I will have 2 cups. We live on the edge of town though have several rows of trees in our backyard. I enjoy walking & exploring out in our trees. Back in the spring there were lots of birds so I did some bird watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an awesome pumpkin patch, and always so busy because people love the family and how fun and inexpensive it is. Bird watching sounds fun.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I really want to work on my Spanish as well. I think Leslie mentioned it, too. Wish we could all practice together:) So much better with in person practice. I hope you make progress - and enjoy all of your other plans too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did mention it. Haha..that would be fun. We have a large hispanic community in our town and I feel so bad when I can't understand them.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you joined me for this!! Intentionality is a great word. I am just so used to talking to littles that is has more syllables than most of the words in my current vocab. We absolutely need to practice together - you, Jennifer and me.
    Italy and Great Britain are on my lists for overseas travel if life opens up again to allow that. How cool that you are rediscovering your embroidery and thinking of toying with photography. Stay tuned...we have a photo challenge coming up in November.
    Would love to invite you to join in for the Sentence a Day posts. You could start writing sentences now for each day of the remainder of September. We will share our sentences on the first Tuesday of October, 10.06, and will start writing new sentences for October on the first day of the month. These posts are great for chronicling the days of our lives. If you are interested, let me know and I will add you to the reminder email group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can add me to the reminder. This would be good for creativity for me and to make me more aware instead of just cruising through the day on auto pilot.
      I loved Italy and want to go back. My moms family is italian so I'd love to visit the areas they are from.

      Delete
    2. Adding you to the Sentence a Day and Bucket List email reminder groups. Yay!!!

      Delete
  4. That is a gorgeous photo. I grew a pumpkin this year - and was so devastated last night when I went out to check on it and it had been eaten!!!! What a bummer. I guess some squirrels will be a little fatter this year. Lol.

    This is a wonderful list full of inspiration - I love that you called it an intentionality list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. That is so sad. :( I know they struggle sometimes with frost more than anything...or if the cows get out. It's a beautiful place and I can't wait for this season. It will look a bit different but I think it will still be fun.

      Delete
  5. I think that is a very doable list. I love how you break it down into different sections too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the idea of breaking it down from leslie...lol.

      Delete
  6. Hello Kirstin and welcome to the Bucket List link-up! I love your list--everything from quiet time to going out (or Zooming) with family and friends. I'm also working on balance and flexibility this season, as well as trying new recipes. Good luck on your list and have a happy fall!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts