Shrimp Tacos Quick Lunch


The moment I allowed myself to try fish tacos I was hooked. Fish tacos, shrimp tacos, they just amplified my love of seafood AND tacos, and put them together and, well, it's a party in my mouth!

Salmon is on the menu this week and in the hopes of having leftovers, I picked up some street corn tacos and shredded cabbage today at the store. These are two items that are easy to keep on hand for quick meals, like these shrimp tacos that I decided to have for lunch today.

This Shrimp Taco lunch is easy to pull together if you keep some basic ingredients in your kitchen. While fresh shrimp is ideal, frozen shrimp work just as well and they're easy to keep on hand for last minute meals. Trust me on this....by adding them to the grill they firmed up nicely! Perfect for lunch or dinner, last minute guests, or when you are tight on time. In less than 30 minutes you are ready to go! Oh, I just realized that I forgot to put in the recipe...I added some crumbled goat cheese to add a bit of tang. 

Place all your toppings on a tray and allow guests or just yourself to assemble with their favorite choice of toppings. I always start by spreading the sour cream or in this case mayonnaise first before building my remaining ingredients this way it's evenly distributed. 





Shrimp Tacos

A quick and easy shrimp taco, ready in 30 minutes or less
prep time: cook time: total time:

ingredients:

Shrimp
Cayenne pepper or chipotle powder
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
Onion Powder
corn or flour street tacos
avocado, sliced
diced tomato
shredded cabbage
sliced green onion (opt)
cilantro (opt)
Mayonnaise or sour cream
salsa (opt)

instructions

If using frozen shrimp, thaw before grilling.

Heat your grill. You can place shrimp directly on grill or if they're too small, place on foil coated with cooking spray.

Season shrimp. Add shrimp to grill. Depending on the type and size of shrimp used, cook until no loner opaque, approximately 3-5 minutes each side. 

While shrimp is cooking, prepare your toppings. 

Just before serving, grill tortillas just until you notice grill marks, flip and do the same on the other side. 

NOTES:

I realize there are no measurements. This is one of those recipes that you just "wing it"...add what you want. The amount of shrimp will depend on how big they are. Mine were pretty small.
Created using The Recipes Generator



With Joy Unquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts