SRC Reveal Day: Strawberry Pecan Chicken Salad

 It's summertime and whenever I get my monthly assignment for The Secret Recipe Club I am a part of, I am always looking for that recipe or two that would be perfect for a summer meal or treat. SRC has been such a fun group. I thoroughly enjoy finding new blogs and new recipes from women who live all over the world. 

This month I was assigned the blog Join Us, Pull up a Chair. I actually had Heather's blog recently when we did a themed BBQ reveal day. I made her Potato Salad, which was really good. Heather started her blog as a way to organize all the many recipes she had from magazines, etc....um...I can relate to that. She loves being in the kitchen and loves having her kiddos in there with her.  

This month I decided to go with another summery dish and made her Strawberry Pecan Chicken Salad. I was home by myself that afternoon, had leftover chicken and leftover salad from the night before and had recently bought the ingredients for the rest of the salad so I was good to go. I figured it would be a nice lunch for myself. I love nuts, seeds and meat in my salad but had never really been one to eat fruit in it. I tend to be one of those people who thinks certain things are just too weird to mix together. I'm pretty sure I've had apples and pears in a salad from a restaurant but never berries, other than dried cranberries...but they were dried, so that was different. Haha! Anyways...I thought I'd give it a try. My hubby DOES NOT like fruit on salad so I decided this would be a dish I made just for myself. 

It was fresh, light and definitely satisfying! Thank you Heather for another great recipe!


Strawberry Pecan Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbs. white balsamic Vinegar (I found some at Safeway)
1 tsp. honey
1/2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme (I only had dried)
fresh ground pepper and salt
2 c. halved strawberries divided
2 4oz. chicken breast cutlets
1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
4 c. fresh baby mixed greens
1/4 c. thinly sliced red onion
3 Tbs. chopped toasted pecans
1 oz. crumbled feta cheese

Instructions:

Combine oil, vinegar, honey, thyme and an 1/8 tsp. salt and combine. Add 1 c. of berries, toss and marinate for 10  minutes at room temperature.

Season chicken breast with salt, pepper and paprika. Grill until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Cut against the grain (I can never seem to do this right...haha). 

Divide the greens between plates. Top evenly with dressing, remaining berries, chicken and cheese and pecans. 

Enjoy! I took more pics, but for whatever reason (user error I'm sure) they didn't turn out.






With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. So glad you enjoyed the salad. It's one of my favorites. My husband doesn't like fruit in his salads, but I'm slowly converting him with recipes like this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever to use strawberries in this salad! I love, love, love chicken salad but would never think to use berries in it. This looks so delicious and I cannot wait to make it! You're right, this is absolutely perfect for an indulgent private lunch, or any meal. Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful combination of flavors for this summer salad! My husband is always looking for more salads to pack for his lunch and this one sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also loved being assigned your blog this month! Your molten lava cake turned out perfect and I pinned quite a few other recipes for later :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds lovely! I've never had a chicken salad with strawberries but it looks fantastic. Very summery. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can never imaging having fruit in my vegetable salad! This sounds really interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of the flavors in that salad! Fruit always makes salads pop, too. This one is great for enjoying that summer produce.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts