Creamy Zucchini Boats

When it comes to recipes, I love trying new ones. Don't we all?! I came across these Creamy Zucchini Boats I knew I had to try them. Because I love all of the ingredients, it was a no brainer. The only thing I added was some chicken because I wanted it to be a little heartier. Healthier eating doesn't have to taste bland. You can take old family comfort food and add healthy twists and changes. It can be done. 


Here's what you need to make this yummy meal:

Ingredients:

3 zucchini (depends on size, mine were larger, so only used two)
1 c. tightly packed basil leaves
1 clove minced garlic (or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
1/4 c. grated carrot
1/2 c. fat free ricotta cheese
1/8 c. shredded parmesan cheese
juice of half a lemon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
chopped chicken (optional)

*Note: like with many recipes, I like to take the basic ingredients and adjust them to our tastes or in my case I made more filling because my zucchini were pretty big. Be creative and use what you like.

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 450.

2. Wash zucchini thoroughly, cut off ends and then cut in half and then cut each half lengthwise. 

3. Using a spoon or paring knife, scoop or cut out seeds. Place the zucchini boats on a greased baking sheet, or on silpat or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. To make filling, chop garlic and place in a bowl with remaining ingredients. Fill each boat with mixture and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until zucchini is tender and filling is heated through. 

Note: My zucchini were pretty large so I cooked them briefly in the oven before filling them. 

With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts