31 Days Living Inside Out: Social Media



I will be the first to admit that I really enjoy technology. I love computers, digital cameras, cell phones, internet. I enjoy googling things, researching, reading, pinning, blogging. I can get lost in the technology age.

HOWEVER, all of this wonderful technology can wreak havoc on and in our lives if we're not careful; and if we're not careful we will begin to live from the Outside In.


The above quote speaks volumes in regards to the impact that social media has on our lives. Let's face it, you read Facebook, read blogs, browse pinterest and before you know it, your confidence begins to slip, you are no longer content, you feel like an utter failure at home,  you see your meals as equivalent to fast food compared to the 3 course meal so and so made, your kids seem less than stellar and your husband, well, that's another story. Why? Because we forget that most people only show us what they want us to see.....the highlight reels. I know, for myself, I don't share all of the good, bad and ugly on Facebook or my blog. Not because I want people to think my life is always a bowl of cherries, but because I don't allow social media access in to the most personal parts of my life, because there is no reason for everyone to have that access. It's personal, many would not  understand some of it or be able to see through the right "grid" or my "grid" and I choose to guard certain parts of my life and only give access to those I choose. Only you can decide what you, yourself are going to allow others to have access to.

We can all get bit by the envy bug. It's easy to forget that we are not always seeing the whole picture. We see people's best. That's okay, just keep it in perspective. Enjoy social media, just don't attach your identity to it or by it.


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. I post a lot of beautiful pictures on my blog. I enjoy them and so do others, but I have to ignore what other photographers do because that's the same trap to fall into that each picture be better than the next. I'm drafting a post for later this week that includes pictures from 9 years ago of the dogs as puppies. It's not breathtaking, but will be some good laughter at how cute they were. Tough if it doesn't meet the standards of gorgeous.

    I love Pinterest, but your quote is so appropriate - my behind the scenes is a not the same as everyone else's highlight's reel. Can I use that in my blog or on Pinterest?

    Have a good week! I'm enjoying your 31 Day challenge and I hope you are too. You seem to be, which is good.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not my original quote but you can use the picture...I realized after I posted it that I had forgotten to write the authors name :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts