Recipe: Crunchy Chicken Salad


 I love a good sandwich filling. When you get it just right, it's like a party in your mouth. One of my favorite sandwiches is chicken salad. Better than tuna, better than lunchmeat..maybe not as much as creamy peanut butter with grape jelly..but close! Well, I suppose depending on the day that might be stretching it, I'm sure it really just depends on the mood I'm in. But I ALWAYS like chicken salad. 

The beauty of chicken salad is anything can be added to it. Several years ago I posted a recipe for this chicken salad. Lately I have been buying a whole chicken, cooking it in the crockpot and getting about 2-3 meals out of it depending on what I decide to make. Often I have just a little bit left over and since I'm always trying to mix up my hubby's lunches, chicken salad has been what I've been making. I want to "bulk" it up a bit so it is more filling for him and I love a "crunchy" salad, so adding more chopped veggies does the trick.

My favorite Add-In's:

Chopped chicken
mayo
deli or dijon mustard
season salt
pepper
chopped radishes
chopped carrots
chopped celery
chopped pickles

Combine all ingredients and create a yummy sandwich, wrap or just eat it plain (I do that too...YUM). I added some sliced cucumbers and a slice of cheese as well.

With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts