Recipe: Kicked up Yogurt Parfaits

Sometimes the simplest desserts are the best. You know, the ones where you just might have all the ingredients handy and no cooking is involved. This dessert is that one! Simple, yet kicked up a notch to be elegant and amazing. 

Awhile back we went to a friends house for lunch and she served these amazing parfaits for dessert...the secret ingredient that made me go...WHAT?! Basil! Yep, you read right, basil. After my first bite, I was like "oh my word!!"
Ingredients:

Honey Greek Yogurt (I like Zoe brand)
Sliced bananas
Sliced strawberries
Fresh Basil chiffonade (I think that's the word)
Chocolate Chips (melted)
Chopped almonds (optional)

Instructions:

Not too many instructions...you can choose to layer them in a parfait glass or in a shallow dish, which I did tonight. 

In my shallow dish (which is a piece of depression glass from my mom) I placed the yogurt, then topped it with bananas and strawberries, drizzle with chocolate and then sprinkle almonds and basil on top. Serve and Enjoy!!!

With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts