As I was looking through recipes online I discovered that the ingredients were all pretty similar though some of the methods varied. I will share how I made it. If you didn't tell someone what it was made of, they wouldn't know...yes, it's a much thinner and softer crust but the flavor is great.
Ingredients: makes roughly an 8 x 12 crust
4 c. "riced" cauliflower (1 head of cauliflower)
1 c. mozzerella cheese or cheese of choice
1 tsp. oregano
1/2-1 tsp. garlic powder (or could use minced garlic)
1. You can use a grater, however I used my food processor (which has become my newest favorite kitchen tool). Process cauliflower florets till they are "riced"..see pic below.
2. Place in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes..no liquid needed.
3. Here's the key to a drier crust. Allow cauliflower to cool slightly and then place in a clean dish towel. Ring out excess liquid (I got about 1/2 c. of liquid out of it). Place back in bowl.Fluff with a fork. This will decrease the volume by quite a bit but it's worth it. Therefore if you want a larger crust you will need to double recipe. It really comes down to playing with it.
4. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.
5. Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. This will keep crust from sticking. Dump mixture on to pan and pat with your hands. Crust should be about 1/3" thick.
6. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes or until nicely browned. Remove from heat and top with your desired toppings. Place back in oven for 5-10 minutes.
There ya have it. A new and yummy twist to pizza. One that is lighter and won't leave you feeling weighed down. Go ahead, give it a try!
With Joy UNquenchable,