Energy Bites



I'm always on the hunt for a good "snack" type food that we can have in the house but also to take with us to soccer games. Sometimes our games are early or they need a quick pick me up before hand or afterwards. I came across these energy bites awhile back and just tailored them to fit what I had or what I wanted to give my family. 

Many of the recipes called for chocolate chips but to me that defeats the purpose...quick spurt of energy? maybe, but I wasn't looking for them to crash afterwards. I'm hoping to purchase some raw cacao powder to use, but today I made half the batch with unsweetened cocoa. Yummy! Here is my version. I think it's a keeper.

I made these today because we have an early morning soccer game tomorrow and knew they'd be perfect. Even my pickiest eater likes them. 

Ingredients:

2 c. rolled oats
1 c. ground flax seed 
2/3 c. honey, more if needed
2 Tbs. maple syrup
1 c. peanut butter, almond butter or a combination of both
1/4 c. finely chopped pumpkin seeds
2 Tbs. Chia Seeds
1-2 Tbs. Hemp Seeds
2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. of cocoa powder (optional)


combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. 







Refrigerate 15 minutes or until set enough to work with easily. Roll in to 1-2" balls. Keep refrigerated. Easy Peasy and they won't last long so you don't need to worry about shelf life. 



With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts