This month I was assigned the blog K & K Test Kitchen. This blog is a collaboration of the mother daughter team of Kelsey and Kim. There blog originated as a way to test out recipes that Kelsey had collected from cookbooks and blogs. Check out their About Me Page for more information on their lives.
I had several recipes marked to possibly try. These decisions are always so hard! But I finally settled on their Brussels Sprout and Chicken Pizza. I'm really the only one in my family who likes brussels sprouts but thought maybe in this fashion everyone would eat them! Guess what? They did! We also had a few other toppings that my girls love...BBQ sauce for their base and chopped peppers. This has become a new favorite. They were so easy to put together and I loved it so much that I didn't miss the traditional "sauce" for a base.
Let's get on with the recipe. I stayed pretty true to their recipe, but I did make sure I took the time to find some pancetta since they had mentioned that it was something that the original one they ate had on it. Glad I did. I have never used Pancetta...I love it.
1 flatbread crust (I purchased a pack of greek flatbread..there were 5 in the pack so we made individual ones)
3 Tbs. olive oil
2 cloves garlic (I just realized I think I forgot this..how on earth did I forget garlic?...that's a crime)
1 pinch red pepper flakes (seriously...forgot this too? good grief! Guess I need to make this again)
1 c. shredded brussels sprouts (used my food processor)
salt and pepper
chopped or shredded cooked chicken
1/2 c mozzarella cheese
1/4 c. goat cheese crumbled
Instructions (according to what I did)
1. Cook Pancetta in a small pan. Mine came diced so I just threw it in till it looked done. I've never cooked with it so really didn't know.
2. Preheat oven to 400. Place flatbreads on oven rack and bake until a bit browned. You could skip this, but I was going for a crunchy crust.
3. Combine oil, pepper and garlic, or if you're like me and completely forgot those last two items, just brush the crust with oil.
4. I used my food processor with the slicing blade on it to shred the brussels sprouts. Worked quickly and perfectly. Combine with 1 tbs. olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Now that you have everything ready...assemble! I put mozzarella down first then topped with shredded chicken, pancetta, sprouts then goat cheese crumbled on top.
6. Place back in oven and cook until cheese is melted! Devour!!
Thank you ladies for an amazing recipe. This seriously is a new favorite...too bad my hubby wants to go Paleo for awhile to try and lose weight. This may be a treat day!
With Joy UNquenchable,