Mozzarella Sticks

 
The other day I thought it would be fun to try making homemade mozzarella sticks. I've wanted to try it for some time and finally went ahead and did it. This was a last minute decision and I had no camera (my girls have been using my camera a lot and Kaitlynn is taking a photography class at the Community College..so has my camera a lot), so took a quick pic with my phone. I just bought another package of string cheese so when I make them again, I'll be sure to take better pics but I just didn't want to wait any longer to post this. They were so good Kaitlynn informed me that I didn't make enough.

I looked around online to get some ideas of the best way to make them. Here's what I came up with. I hope you try them and enjoy! We sure did.


Ingredients:

6 mozzarella string cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
flour
Panko Bread Crumbs
Italian Style Bread Crumbs
Marinara Sauce
1.Cut string cheese in half. Freeze for about 30 minutes or until well frozen.  

2. Preheat oven to 400. 

3. Remove sticks from freezer. Roll in flour. Dip in egg and then roll in bread crumbs to coat well.

4. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place mozzarella sticks on cookie sheet. 

5. Bake for 5 minutes, turn over and bake another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and eat immediately.
Be sure to keep an eye on these. Every oven is different so keep checking. Freezing the sticks will help them keep their form. If you don't freeze them you'll have a giant blob!

Dip in Marinara Sauce! Try to remember to share...or not. 



With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts