Recipe: Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Back to the recipe....when it comes to coffee cakes or scones, I'm pretty picky because I hate when they are "dry". My mom made this particular coffee cake often and it was by far my favorite.
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. margarine or butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1 c. sour cream
1 1/4 firmly packed brown sugar
1 c. chopped walnuts
2 tsp. cinnamon
3 Tbs. margarine or butter, melted
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Grease and lightly flour 10-inch tube pan
3. In large bowl, cream sugar and margarine; add vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
5. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
6. Spread half of batter in prepared pan; sprinkle with half of brown sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and brown sugar mixture.
7. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Cool upright in pan 15 minutes.
9. Invert onto large plate or cookie sheet; then invert again onto serving plate streusel side up, or just leave as is!
This is so yummy you may not stop at one piece!
“Get Grillin’ with Family Fresh Cooking and Cookin’ Canuck, sponsored by Ile de France Cheese, Rösle, Emile Henry, Rouxbe and ManPans.”
With Joy UNquenchable,