Mother's Day.....

The only thing I really ever ask for on Mother's Day is that I don't have to cook, but in all reality, I wouldn't mind if I did, because I really do enjoy it. Often we'll go out to eat, but this year we simply went to my in-laws house for lunch. My girls made my moist chocolate cake for dessert. This cake is so amazingly yummy and decadent tasting, and yet so quick and easy! They refused to let me in the kitchen while they made it. We served it with slice strawberries and whipped cream. YUM-O!!
Both girls gave me flowers and handmade cards. Nan's in a cute vase (the flowers), and Kat got me a Forsythia plant and a lily. 
We spent the afternoon just relaxing, talking and playing cards. Even though my MIL and I were in the kitchen, we were in there together and with two of the most amazing girls in the world, and to me, that was fun!
Now the girls are babysitting so their youth pastors can go have dinner together. They are amazing girls and I'm so proud to be their mom!

 
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Thanks for stopping by our blog today. Glad you had a good mother's day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts