Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Recipe: Cowboy Salsa

As I mentioned yesterday I want to share a recipe that we enjoyed at the jewelry party I attended on Monday night. It is very similar to my recipe for Texas Caviar.

I didn't get any pictures, sorry, but trust me, it was very good. 

(Printable Recipe)

Recipe:
1 can black beans
1 can shoe peg corn
1 sm. onion diced
2 avocado, diced
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. each white wine and red wine vinegar
1 sm. jar chopped pimiento
2 Tbs. Tiger Sauce (can be find in the Asian section of some grocers)

Combine all ingredients and chill till ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips.

We have had 4 deer gracing our property over the last week. I am not happy about this...when hubby came in yesterday morning and said "there are deer in our yard", I looked at him and stated "shoot them"! Yes, I love deer, I think they're beautiful, but I have nothing to protect anything I plant from their munching. As much as I anticipate a garden and hopefully blueberry bushes that produce blueberries, the thought of those deer helping themselves to our home grown food does not make  me happy.
 
With Joy UNquenchable,

2 comments:

  1. I made this recipe for my SRC pick this month and l wanted to tell you that my family and I really enjoyed it! I brought it to a family picnic and it was gone in a matter of minutes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yay! So glad you guys liked it. yah, it is often requested and doesn't last long at all!

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin