Recipe: Simple but amazing potatoes

 Last night Nan wanted mashed potatoes. Every once in awhile I'll buy her a packet of instant garlic mashed potatoes because, well, she LOVES mashed potatoes and I don't always have the time to make them homemade (which is how I always make them for meals) for a "snack". 
She came into the living room last night and said "mom, did you happen to buy any garlic mashed potatoes?" No, hunny I didn't, (she frowned) but looking at the clock I figured I could whip up a batch. That brought a smile to her face. I must say, they were some of the best potatoes I've had!! I am making them tomorrow night for dinner!

Simply made: Yukon Gold potatoes (I used 3), water, chicken bouillon cube, milk, scootch of butter, roasted garlic cloves (I used 3), dried parsley flakes.

*To roast garlic cloves: Place unpeeled cloves on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with EVOO. Fold up ends of foil and place in an oven heated to about 395 till tender..approximately 20 minutes. Squeeze out of the skin and add to potatoes, or onto bread or crackers...yummy!!

Peel and cube the potatoes. Cover with water and add one bouillon cube (I like the Knorr brand). Cook till tender. Drain and then place back in pan and then back on burner (that you've turned off)..the heat that's left on the burner will evaporate any remaining water. Place potatoes and roasted garlic in bowl of electric mixer and begin to mix. Slowly add milk till they are the consistency you want. Add a bit of butter and parsley. Serve!! Yummy!!!

Tomorrow I'll be sharing Kat's Banana Chiffon Cake!


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Garlic potatoes .... oh yum! I love them! Roasted garlic sounds even better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts