Recipe: My Favorite Sweet and Sour Dressing

I know I've shared this recipe before but it is so good that it deserves a post of its own. I love it, you'll love, it goes well partnered with a variety of salad toppings. 

Several years ago one of my friends shared this recipe with me and I've used it many times since then. It does have quite a bit of sugar (which it really needs the sweetness). I am on a mission to find a more "healthier" way to make it. I'm not sure if I'll succeed but I'll try, and if I don't, it doesn't matter, I don't make it all the time.

Ingredients:
2 medium onions (I have never used this much...we are not huge onion fans so I barely use any onion. I would recommend starting with a little and adding it till it tastes right to you...)
2 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. prepared mustard
2 tsp. celery seed (again, I don't use quite this much, celery seed is strong)
garlic powder to taste
2/3 c. vinegar
2 c. sugar
2 c. canola oil
paprika and parsley
poppyseed

Combine all ingredients in a blender until well blended. Add paprika, parsley and poppyseed (no specific amounts, just what looks and tastes right to you). Blend a few seconds. Refrigerate till ready to serve.
I love this dressing served with mixed lettuces, breaded cubed chicken tenders, egg, cheese, sunflower seeds, croutons and all sorts of chopped veggies. It's also good with dried cranberries and  walnuts.


We had company over last night and I served my yummy broccoli and wild rice soup, salad with the above dressing and yummy bread.
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts