Clean Up has commenced

It's the beginning of the year and one of the things I'm trying to do is clean up all the garbage pictures and documents on my computer. I'm sure the majority of you know what I'm talking about. You probably have your own lists of things that need cleaning up. 


The two main things I want to get cleaned up and organized soon are the documents and pictures stored on my computer and my "paper" files...which I'm sad to say are waaaayyy behind. Hubby is making a tax appointment soon and I am not ready. YIKES!!


A few weeks ago I sat down with my laptop, watching a family movie, while my family was gone, deleting and moving documents and folders. I actually thought I had done a decent job of this until I went to find a document and realized I still had too many locations for things to be stored. I keep a folder on my desktop labeled "Kirstin's things" usually filled with documents I need to access quickly. However I cannot ever remember where things are. I'm thinking they just all need to be put in documents and I need to learn to use my computer more efficiently (should've taken those classes at the MACPac store). It is better than it was though.


Then there are pictures. Do you know that I have pictures stored in THREE different locations on my computer and I can almost guarantee they are the EXACT same pictures. I always load my photos into Iphoto. However, sometimes when I want to import pictures into Photoshop or other applications it wouldn't let me do it from Iphoto so I began putting them in folders on my desktop (I have a folder that says Photos, and it's filled with folders), or in "Pictures" under Places on my Mac whatever you call it. Do you know that Iphoto says I have 25,493 pictures. I don't even want to know how many are in the other two locations. I don't even want to think about how long it's going to take me to go through all those pictures. Oh, and lets not forget that I have an external hard drive that has all the pictures from our old computer on it, many of which haven't made their way to my laptop. I think I might be a little shutter happy.


I am making progress, but I think it will be awhile before I have it all figured out. If you use iphoto, I'd love to hear how you organize your pictures in there.

How about you? Is your computer over filled, your desktop littered with icons or Iphoto about to burst? Maybe you're super organized and would like to give me some tips on how to use my Mac more efficiently.  

With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Oh, Kirstin! I am right there with you. I've been thinking about this lately too. Sigh. I hope that I can get my stuff together as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Mac computer but use my awful PC for pics because I've never found a good way to do pics on Mac!! I'll be interested to hear your ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts