Christmas Wrap-Up

I haven't taken time to peruse blog-land to see how everyone's Christmas' went. It's quite possible that no one has gotten around to posting anything. We just had our last get together yesterday. I am actually mentally "ready" to take down the decor even though it's only been up for 2 weeks, but physically I'm not, so it's going to wait till next week.  I cannot wait to get back into the routine of eating healthy. Not that we completely ate unhealthy, but well, you know what I mean.
 girls with my nieces and nephews
We had a wonderful Holiday week and weekend. The Wednesday before Christmas we hosted a party with our youth leaders (see this post). I feel as though I lived in my kitchen Wed-Saturday, with Christmas music cranked on Pandora totally enjoying myself. Christmas Eve day hubby, the girls and some friends went to see the movie Tron. It's not my type of movie so I had no problem staying home. That evening everyone (hubby's parents, brother and his wife) came over for clam chowder served in bread bowls...oh my heavens is that stuff GOOD!! We played cards, put together a puzzle and watched a movie.
 Girls with my amazing nephews

Christmas morning I overslept my alarm by an hour. I was still able to get the cinnamon rolls made and out of the oven by 9:00. We ate cinnamon rolls and quiche that my MIL had made, opened gifts and just hung out for a bit before heading an hour north to my dads for the day. Fun day spent with my sister and her family and my dad. He made ribs, cornish game hens, potatoes and corn and I made a broccoli casserole and rolls.

Sunday we headed to my hubby's parents to celebrate Christmas  with them. We snacked on salad and sandwiches for lunch and had a turkey dinner later that day for dinner when his other brother and boys got in from Eastern Washington. 

Funny story: Hubby told me that he was getting me a new camera lens. He told me because he wanted to make sure I got the right one. It was ordered online and was supposed to be here by Christmas Eve. However, it was a no-show (it got stranded in Newark, NJ due to weather). It arrived yesterday.  So Christmas came and I didn't think anything of not getting anything in my stocking or any other gifts (the girls got me gifts). Sunday as we were driving to my in-laws, the girls exclaimed "MOM, did you get anything else in your stocking (they had put two things in there)?" I said "no". They then called their dad to tell him that he forgot to fill my stocking AND he did have one more gift that he forgot to give me. So I got my gifts on the 26th. He got me an awesome recipe organizer from Costco that I have been wanting. I can't wait to use it. 

My camera lens arrived yesterday and I love it. I can't wait to play with it. It's a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8. 

Samples from my new lens....not the best, but I just got it yesterday.
We still have a week of get togethers, soccer and the girls are doing school since we took a two week vacation, but it'll be a great week. I hope to post some recipes this week or at least some links to all that I made throughout the week. 

 
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts